Sponsored by:

My baby's been scratched to buggery.

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2003, 07:37 PM
Blobster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

So, yesterday PM, a neighbour's kid and his two friends are playing footy in our estate car park. Kicking the ball full throttle at the wall next to my car. I politely ask them to be careful, shortly after neighbour calls in the kid and the others disperse.
I go out to the car this AM to find footie shaped scratch in front of the scoop.

After I come home from work today, I park up and take my kids out for a couple of hours. When I get back there are five, yes FIVE more footie shaped scratches on the bonnet and wing.

After a word with the neighbour her kid has apologised for the one yesterday but it appears it was his mates who have deliberately targeted my car today (took exception to me asking them to be careful?).

So, tomorrow it's try to polish them out. Any advice on best polish for the job, and how to stop these other kids from deliberately vandalising my pride and joy.

Unhappy Blobster
Old 20 August 2003, 07:45 PM
Leviathan
Scooby Regular

Catch them & sell the little bastids to a Bankok brothel m8.
Id go totaly feckin nuts if it were mine.
Sounds like you need a cutting agent like t-cut to get the marks off, then a good polish to finish.
Old 20 August 2003, 07:53 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Smile

Go back to the parents, show them the damage, and then bill them. They'll soon tell the kids to stop
Old 20 August 2003, 08:36 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

I had exactly the same problem in Jan this year. Next doors kids kicked ball against scoob, scratched it to buggery down rear door. Got some "Finnesse" finishing polish my mate uses after respraying, came out a treat they did.
dave
Old 20 August 2003, 08:40 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Theres no need tho is there, u buy sumthing that u really want and take pride in and then u ave to sit and watch to make sure its alright.
Old 20 August 2003, 10:54 PM
itsajapthing
Scooby Regular

Red face

Find local autopaint suppliers to you try and get hold of 3M perfect it or 3M finesse its the easiest way to DIY few coats and you should have a minter again avoid tcut if poss alt get a bodyshop to try and buff scratches out I have most cars done for £80 full car+hand glaze come up looking mint..

G

Old 21 August 2003, 11:12 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

In most cases the parents will defend their children for their bad behaviour and instead blame you for even owning such a car and actually parking it in the car park. They certainly won't take any responsibility. The law does not require them to be responsible for damage done by their children. Pity really because that might make a difference.

If they did tell their children not to do it, thats probably exactly what they will then do!

Only the police might help, if you are lucky.

Les

Trending Topics

Old 21 August 2003, 11:43 AM
barrybudden
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Spot on Les. This happened to me I told the perants and they said their wee son hadn't even been near a ball all day even though he was in my back garden getting it about 5 times, and you can't expect a 9 year old to do what hes told. I was not happy.... I called the Police and the comunity officer returned my call, she said they get this all the time but there was nothing that they could do really as he was a minor but they would ask the patrols in the area to pay attention to the estate and have a word with the children about playing ball next to cars. She said they could go round an have a word with the perants but she did not advise this.
I blame the perants their children do what they like and they can't see anything wrong. I'm moveing house anyway so I wont have to worry.
Your best bet might be to tell the children you'll beat the **** out of their Dad if it happens again.
Old 21 August 2003, 12:02 PM
L19ESA
Scooby Regular

I`m gutted for you, theres nothing worse than something happening to your car through no fault of your own. I know how you feel just now some random took a key round my car on Saturday night went through all the paint down to the metal, costing me £400 to get it fixed going to the garage tomorrow.
Old 21 August 2003, 12:08 PM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

No easy answer here. I have alot of kids around my house and the best way i have found is to get them on your side. Be-friend them so that they say wow mate nice car etc etc .... then you can say ''err lads careful of the motor etc'' ..... If you go at them like a bull at a gate they will get you back i can assure you. Its so very very hard to do but bite your tongue matey
Old 21 August 2003, 12:11 PM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

Oh and as another option do what i did in the end and rented a local garage. Mine sits in there at night so Im not watching it every minute of the day and night. The missis 172 sits outside in the drive
Old 21 August 2003, 01:25 PM
roc
Scooby Regular

re scratches I have a few problems with some overgrown country lanes near me (when having to pass the occasional lorry that goes down there). I had got to the point of just about having a go at my dealer because the paint appears to mark so much easier than other cars I've had, when I came across Autoglym Paint Restorer (about £5). After just one go this has removed the vast majority of one scratch I had and I think the rest will polish out with normal polish. I've been really impressed with it and it's meant to be fine in metallics
Old 21 August 2003, 04:09 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would get a nice heavy leather football, and see how good the kids are in goal.

Paul
Old 21 August 2003, 04:42 PM
blair
Scooby Regular

LOL @ pavlo !

Shouldn't you soak it overnight in a bucket of water first !

Old 21 August 2003, 04:46 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Wink

Just wait until one of the little culprits has left their BMX lying on the curbside, and run over it in your Scoob.
Old 21 August 2003, 05:01 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Christ! I though someones young child had been hurt, but it turns out to even worse, the b***ards got your car!
Old 21 August 2003, 08:30 PM
jmk
Scooby Regular

Get a ball and kick through his parents front window then deny it was you.
Old 21 August 2003, 09:43 PM
Cheesy Puff
Scooby Regular

Angry

Hi

This makes me sooo mad I had the same thing a while ago with my last project car (Mint BX16v on 17"s) was quite rare and i loved that ******* thing and a little kid (about 4 years old) ran the handle bars of their bike down the side of it outside my girlfriends house, now I hardly go round there and get told that I love the car more than her .

I had a word with parents and got told it shouldnt be parked outside on kerb (in a painted box) and that their 4 year old should be able to play outside, when I pointed out that their kid shouldnt be outside on their own at that age I got abused and then they said that my exhaust was too loud aswell.
I threatend them with the social services but didnt go down to well, and I cant make too much fuss as my girlfriends family live there.

Just annoys me that you spend time and money on something you enjoy and in the end its spoiled by the fact you cant leave the thing out of sight for more than 20 seconds, even when i go to the cinema or shops or somthing I get all nervous.

This is really spoiling car ownership for me

Cheese....
Old 21 August 2003, 09:55 PM
slasha
Scooby Regular

You and a mate should go round at night with balaclavas on and scare the living shyte out of the parents by saying you've sent them round with a gentle warning this time but the next time your car gets scratched by their brat something a little more serious is going to happen. Works every time!!! If people are that scummy that they let their children do that and take no responsability for it what else you supposed to do?
Old 22 August 2003, 09:15 AM
TON3
Scooby Regular

Get the little ******* parents 2 pay 4 it!!!

On a funnier side av u seen that advert when the kids cleaning his dads car with a brilo pad! It could be worse!
Old 22 August 2003, 09:21 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Get the biggest knife you can find, dress up like Rambo and then charge out in to the car park snarling and spitting and attack the football with the knife, keep stabbing it until it is like a net, then wander back in mumbling to yourself.

I reckon that should do the job.

I also like the kicking a football through their window but then the process just repeats untill all the cars are scratched and all the windows are broken...

little gits.
Old 22 August 2003, 09:40 AM
CraigCH
Scooby Regular

Wink

Blobster, Find the houses of the kids that did it and get your kids (presumably minors) to throw stones at their windows. If the parents complain reply with the same about controlling your kids as they did about theirs!
Old 22 August 2003, 02:48 PM
Blobster
Scooby Regular

Thanks all.
Cheered me up no end.
Some good advice and some good laughs.

Blobster
Old 22 August 2003, 06:09 PM
bugeye
Scooby Regular