Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Any Legal Eagles out there?

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2000, 07:13 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They have to produce a summons within 6 months of issuing the NIP(which is what the officer gave you verbally). Look at
Old 09 May 2000, 08:25 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Neil

Could you (or anyone else) confirm that 6 month rule.....
My brother in law got stopped by plod & clocked at 102mph on a 70mph motorway back in late September last year.
Got a verbal NIP.
Not heard anything since.

Is he in the clear ??

He sold his car cos he was expecting a huge ban ...!!!

Ro.

Old 09 May 2000, 12:28 PM
PhilHulse
Scooby Regular

Question

I know there have been several threads on this subject before but please bear with me.
About 4 weeks ago I was pulled for doing 86 mph on a standard 'A' road. (the A515 Ashbourne to Buxton Road-very pretty), limit- 60mph. Old Wiliam( no disrespect intended) cautioned me and said I would be summonsed for the offence and was told to produce my documents at my local nick, which I duly did. To date I have heard no more. Do you think I may have got away with it? Is there a time limit on them having to issue a summons? If they do what is the likely penalty(already 3 pts on licence)?
your help appreciated.

Phil.
Old 09 May 2000, 10:05 PM
pumpers
Scooby Regular

Wink

it's definately six months from the date of offence that the information( i.e. the evidence) has to be put before the magistrates. this does not mean that your brother is in the clear, however. if he has moved address or for any other reason not recieved the summons but it has been sent then there may well be a warrant for his arrest for not turning up at court to answer the summons. check this by going to your local nick and asking ( if he's not been in trouble before it will probably be with bail so he'll be out in under one hour. if he has expect to stay all night and appear at court the next day!!! )alternatively he may be a very lucky boy and the dibble has filed it in the too hard to do tray- here's hoping!!! pumpers.