ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

'De' CAT and 'De' Police

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2003, 04:38 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

All this talk of being pulled for have no cat in your cars reminded me of a smiley incident many years ago...

Once apon a time many years ago when i had a *Cough* Citreon *Cough* AX *Cough* 1.0 *Cough* White *Cough* Dented and i was takeing the CAT's to the cattery, i says to my Girl Friend 'Ofcause i can manage 3 cat's on my own, do you think im stupid?' (or something like it), that look was then given....

Put big fat cat in one box and 2 little ones in the other (cardboard boxes)... Set off for cattery (about 5 miles) ten minutes into the jurney (1.0ltr remember) and the big bugger gets out the box and sits on the rear parcel shelf, no panic me thinks as the bu**ers so fat he wont cause any harm (or likly to move).

Looks in mirror, wondering what the flashing is.... yes, mr (& mrs plod) You cant have a animal loose in the car sir (with a smile on his face), yes very sorry blar blar. put the cat back in the box. Sets off and plod is still behind me.

2 mins later.... waiting at the lights (only got about 1 mile left) other bloody two get out and head straight for the parcel shelf. I dare to look in mirror and all i can see is mr & mrs plod pissing themselfs. Lights turn green and i pull in waiting for the pull, but they go passed still in histerics. Takes me about 10 mins to get them both back in.

Gets back to Girlfriend, she say's 'You were a while, any problems?'. i say's ofcoause 'Bad Traffic'

As you can see im bored, hope you like my little storey

Simon
Old 13 August 2003, 04:50 PM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

Can you really not have animals loose in the car? Seen plenty of dogs roaming free in the back and front seats. Mine always does.
Old 13 August 2003, 04:52 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Apparently.

I think you are required by law to have a dog guard if you want a dog in the back, dont know about a passenger being 'in control' of an animal though (ie dog, cat, gerbal etc)

Simon
Old 13 August 2003, 05:15 PM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

My dog refuses to ride up back.
Old 13 August 2003, 06:19 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Talking

I had a fly in the car the other day, am I not supposed to drive until I have shooed it out? Group buy on fly guards to keep them in the boot?