Sponsored by:

2246 miles in a week and not one single scoob

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2003, 12:01 PM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not strictly true but not far off.

Left last sunday for a little euro tour in the scoob. Followed an itenticle STi8 down towards Maidstone for a few miles on the M20 then it was onto the ferry. Not one scoob in France, not one in Belguim. Saw three at the Nurburgring ( on the track), not one in the rest of Germany, quite a few in Switzerland (loads of dealers, but not one in WRC Blue????) not one in Italy. Back through France and non again.
Whats that all about? Dont they exist outside of the UK? Must be pretty rare, but that led to loads of stares, admiring glances and comments. I liked that bit alot.

Old 12 August 2003, 12:06 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thats cos they are all in Hawaii - was there last week and there were loads of Scoobs. Mostly the 2.5RS model, but plenty of WRX's and a couple of STi8's

Its full on Fast and the Furious over there as well - even the standard cars have hyper tipped exhausts and big wings.

Quality place for petrol heads
Old 12 August 2003, 12:10 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im off to the ring this friday how close is switzerland to the ring?
Old 12 August 2003, 12:37 PM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

Apparently they are seen as bank robbers cars in Belgium and insurance is sky high.
Old 12 August 2003, 12:46 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
I get that all the time- I've lived in France mostly since I bought the Impreza. Kids point, stare and say "c'est un Sue-ba-ru Jay-Tay" as they are known here. The max power boys (Jacky's here) point and stare and say the same kind of thing!

They don't know what to make of them- it's like owning a very rare performance car here and I have to say I prefer that to the downmarket image in the UK.

Best of all is winging my way past some cocky "sports" car owner on the way out of the peage booths- they always wonder what the hell that estate car that passed them like they were stood still was.
Old 12 August 2003, 01:42 PM
cheeseboy
Scooby Regular

Cool

Well TVR Gary, I and a lot of other Mainland scooby owners are feeling a bit disappointed that you didnt even think to contact any of us before your trip... You would have been most welcome to stay in all sorts of places in europe.

I shouldn´t say I am surprised though. There are not many of us around, and even when we post stuff up on scoobynet it may raised 200 or 300 views, but only 1 or 2 replies. So it is not surprising that you overlooked us.

<gets off stool, rant mode over>

Old 08 December 2003, 01:25 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Nacro its ool init wasting lardy european sports cars

There are mot many in Germany which is just how I would like to keep it. They are far to common in the UK.

Also because it is not a german car nobody wants to steal it and as for parking dints they just don't happen.

I love my scoob in Germany

PS we also get V-Power 100 RON Petrol

[Edited by Wurzel - 8/12/2003 1:25:30 PM]