Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems selling an Impreza? What's the best way to sell??

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2003, 11:31 AM
petersen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I have the WRX up for sale and have not had any sniffs. It's on Autotrader and I really need to sell it before I pick up my new car on the 1st September.

Has anyone had any issue selling their Impreza recently and could anyone point me in the right direction and give any handy hints as to what I could do to speed up the sale process (I won't sell it for a £fiver by the way!!!)???

Look forward to some response.

Stu
Old 11 August 2003, 11:44 AM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

I went to my local subaru dealer hours after picking up my MY00 from elsewhere they offered me what i'd paid for it because they said they just couldn't get hold of enough to meet the demand for second hand 4 doors.
Old 11 August 2003, 12:19 PM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

The market is flooded with em now though.
Is yours a MY01 (bugeye) Stuart? IIRC it's modded extensively too...Croney-spec
I'd 'just' strip the mods and sell them seperately, then sell the car at the lowest price in autotrader...though that is a PITA.
Or...ask Pete what kind of interest his car generated..has Pete's sold? If so maybe he can get anyone that was interested in his to look at yours?
I hate selling cars..it's dealing with the tyre kickers/dreamers that gets me down...I always end up P/X'ing and accepting I've lost money that way.
Chuck
Old 11 August 2003, 12:28 PM
petersen
Scooby Regular

Chuck,

I agree, it's a PITA to strip, especially the amount of mods I have on mine.

Pete did not have that much interest but sold to the 2nd guy who saw it. Right time, right place!!! Mine is exactly the same, newer and with 1/2 the mileage of Pete's!!

I will just have to keep my digits crossed that I may be in the "right place/right time" zone in the coming weeks.

It's on the following link with pics.

Stu

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/detail.asp?i=12381&sc=FUCN&s=179
Old 11 August 2003, 01:29 PM
LIDDO
Scooby Regular

Not the same I know, but I bought my Scoob before selling my S70 T5. Could I **** get rid of it! In the end I had to sell it dirt cheap to my cousin??? Dunno why it didnt sell, cos I thought it was a good price, BIG nice pic in Autotrader, but not one phone call???? I think a lot of people are going off high insurance group cars cos of the riseing and ridiculous insurance rates. I've got a scoob cos I love em, and can afford to run one. The only way to guarantee a sale is if its DEAD cheap! IMHO.
Old 11 August 2003, 03:08 PM
stubee doo
Scooby Regular

mine has been advertised for nearly a month 3 peeps have been to look at it and all said the same "i want the car but depends on if i can get insurance" thats crap,you dont view a car unless you can afford it IMHO. and also i have dropped my price nearly a £1000 off i can see me loosing stupid amounts of money with this car[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11 August 2003, 03:13 PM
mad malc
Scooby Regular

I am looking to buy an Impreza and as such I have been searching autotrader etc, this websites for sale section and I have to say the prices of these cars varies immensley. There are loads of them that private sellers want as much or sometimes even more money than similar mileage models/year models are going for in dealers. To me this is crazy as I would rather buy it from a dealer to get some kind of a warranty unless I knew the person personally who was selling the car. Although I may take a risk buying a car privately but it will have to be at least a grand cheaper than they go for in a normal dealers (not Subaru). So I guess it comes down to price but these people who do ask a lot for their cars can always get lucky I guess it just takes one person to see the car and fall in love..
Old 11 August 2003, 03:49 PM
petersen
Scooby Regular

I agree.

I have put up the car at a price. I do not expect to reach an agreement on that price.

I have a figure that I need and feel the car is worth. If someone is interested in a spec like mine, i'm confident they will love it when they see it and go in it. It's getting the people to contact you in the first place.

Stuart
Old 08 November 2003, 03:30 PM
PaulMc
Scooby Regular

That's a fair comment Malc, but you have to remember that a seller can always drop his price if parties want to negotiate, you can never put the price up. It's getting a buyer interested that is the hard bit.

[Edited by PaulMc - 8/11/2003 3:32:59 PM]