Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New WRX Prices

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2003, 06:43 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
compshack - I really wouldn't recommend Motorpoint. AFAIK they source their cars in Cyprus (ie non EU) and are a very different spec to UK. There are rumours of no underseal. Also IM/Subaru UK will not touch you for a warranty, although they offer their own which will be probably worthless.
If you go down this route get them to guarantee in writing that it's an EU UK spec car and confirm the chassis number with IM for the warranty before you sign for it. If you do buy from them blindly and it is a non EU car, it'll be worth nothing when you come to sell.

[Edited by corradoboy - 8/7/2003 7:00:32 PM]
Old 07 August 2003, 01:13 PM
dr_ming
Scooby Regular

I am looking to buy a new WRX 4-dr this month (my first Scooby!). Has anyone out there had any joy in negotiating a good price (i.e. less than list!) with their local Scooby dealer? If so, can you tell me which (if any!) dealers are willing to do a good deal?
Old 07 August 2003, 01:29 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

As with any brand, August is a boom time for sales so discounts can be a little tougher to negotiate. Hang on a month or 2 and they may be more eager. As a guide, many seem to haggle down to £19k mark and try ordering PPP at the same time for a bit off that. Always go to 3 or more dealers and get quotes from brokers too. I got a quote of £18875 from TopGear price checker through Tins .
Good luck.
Old 07 August 2003, 01:36 PM
dr_ming
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply, I will check out Tins etc. WRT August being a bad time to negotiate a deal, I had assumed (maybe incorrectly) that the dealers would all be trying to make their quotas before the registration 'year' changes to 53 on September 1st, hence maybe they would be more willing than normal to do a deal in order to get the car registered before the end of the month.
Old 07 August 2003, 01:55 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Motorpoint of Derby - about £17k BUT you only get one year warrenty as there non-EU imports

Jza
Old 07 August 2003, 01:57 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Question

I thought it was Jan and Aug for new registrations.

Oh, and hello newbie by the way.
Old 07 August 2003, 01:58 PM
forest172
Scooby Regular

1st March and 1st Sept. my friend

Trending Topics

Old 07 August 2003, 02:09 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

I stand erected.
Old 07 August 2003, 02:27 PM
eclipse
Scooby Regular

Get an Euro import then they are 17k with full 3 years warrenty
Old 07 August 2003, 02:47 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Question

eclipse - where did you find a EU import at £17k at the mo' ? Most are advertised at £16.5k at 1.57 exchange rate, with the rate at 1.41 that equates to £18.4k'ish. There's also the grey area regarding the airbag seats and insurance, and the difficulty in getting the PPP added later. If their price doesn't include a Cat1 either then the difference is nothing if you can haggle a UK for £19k.

As i said tho', if you know of a better deal, let me know as I'm in the hunt too.
Old 07 August 2003, 03:01 PM
newbie_scoobie
Scooby Regular

Red face

Corradoboy,
Please explain the 'grey area' of the airbag seats for me, as I haven't heard of there being any issue. I have a Euro (Holland) MY03 and ain't aware of any probs other than insurance (OK now), registering warranty (to do) and no cat1 (got cat1 and tracker on now as well for a few hundred quid).

I'm getting worried...please reassure me!

Col
Old 07 August 2003, 03:14 PM
Stolen Cossy Man
Scooby Newbie

It has been reported (on this bbs) that some insurance companies will not cover EU imports with the bucket seats. This has something to do with the higher risk of injury due to not having side airbags and, these seats not being tested properly by some British Insurance test agency or something like that. Call you insurance, let them know it's an EU import eith bucket seats and see what they say. I think most are ok with it.
Old 07 August 2003, 03:14 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Depends how "**** retentive" your insurers want to be.

The "UK spec" car (ie anything you buy from a uk dealer) has side airbag seats. The EU spec RHD does not have airbag seats unless you specify them as a cost option.

Some will say this means a car without side airbag seats is not a full UK spec car and will care about the potential for injury to drivers/passengers, others won't give a stuff and will take your premium.

Best advice would be to chat to your insurers and just check they're happy. I would hope no insurer would use different seats as a reason to refuse a claim, but given that most insurers are still paying out more than they put into the pot then they're looking for ways to minimise their risk.

Of course, you could argue that this is all so much pointless debate as the STI - a higher performance car - doesn't have side airbags on its seats

Cheers,
Nick.
Old 07 August 2003, 03:39 PM
jmk
Scooby Regular

Bought a new WRX about 6 weeks ago. Went to Trade Sales as they were quoting £17k. But when you look at the offer in detail is was a non-euro car and had NO warranty at all; warranty had to be bought from Trade Sales who I've heard aren't the best when it comes to after sales care. Also, you need to add their admin fees, plates, tax etc and the price went to approx £18500 all in (inc 3 year warranty) but they couldn't guarantee if the spec was the same as a UK car etc.

Bought from Sparshatts of Botley (Grant). Paid just under £19k for a 4 door UK car from a UK dealer - more than worth £500 more. The car arrived, had its inspection, tracker fitted etc and was ready for collection less than 2 weeks later.

Should have haggled for a PPP but wanted to drive the car as standard first so didn't really bother. Ordered PPP from Cross Roads last week and they offered a 10% SIDC discount - so that's not too bad.

All in all, I'm very happy (except for the sl*g who opened her car door onto mine in Sainsbury's car park last night!)
Old 07 August 2003, 03:52 PM
dr_ming
Scooby Regular

Just got a call from Tims (www.tims.co.uk) quoting £18,875 for a silver WRX, sourced from a UK dealer, delivered to my door. Just so long as it's not delivered by some spotty oik who red lines it all the way to my house, it sounds like a good deal. Will check out Sparshatts etc. as well. Thanks to Corradoboy and others for the tips, can't wait.....
Old 07 August 2003, 03:55 PM
dr_ming
Scooby Regular

....or Tins (www.tins.co.uk) even, sun has got to my head I think....
Old 07 August 2003, 04:26 PM
Baby Blue
Scooby Regular

If Tins will give you that in writing, take it to your local dealer and I'm confident that they will at least match the offer, it's all about sales at the end of the day. Any dealer will not want to loose a sale for the sake of £200. Remember - Tins are also taking a cut on this and making a profit, as well as the dealer

I was offered an 03 WRX back in March for £18,995 before we even started to negotiate Only reason for not upgrading from my 02 was the outstanding finance on it

Keep shopping around my friend You will find the deal you're looking for. Be prepared to haggle - push the dealers hard, they can only say no!

BB
Old 07 August 2003, 04:36 PM
jmk
Scooby Regular

Cool

I'd always pick it up if I were you, don;t them them delvier. Young kid or old bloke, if they're delivering cars for a bit of extra cash or if it's their full time job, do you really think that they'll stay below 4000 RMP? I know I wouldn't in their shoes.
Old 07 August 2003, 05:01 PM
compshack
Scooby Regular

I've just phoned tins. They deliver on a trailer. I got a quote for a WRX Sportswagon SL for £20,735.00 in WR Blue. Now I'm really confused. I don't know wether to go for the cheap import from Motorpoint £16,851.00 then I need a trakker and the PPP type upgrade which will cost me about £18,000 all in all, or go for the legit pukka car.
Old 07 August 2003, 05:53 PM
djr2712
Scooby Newbie

Have a look at www.autoebid.co.uk

Target price for a UK delaer WRX 4door is £18,427
and for a 5 door SL its £20,287. Both plus £250 for metallic paint