Sponsored by:

derestricted import!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2003, 01:32 PM
ew4n
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

after nearly two months of driving my restricted import and 5hrs of messing around and scratched arms its finaly derestricted..what a result...its the best mod i could have done!

already fitted a bailey dump valve and a trust exhaust system and the skirts have been colour coded still waiting for the splitter to come and clear side / front indicators to arrive.

once done i am going to be adding some mad graphics as thats what i do for a living..watch out for me in the gallery and watch out all u other sign makers in here!! LOL theres a new designer in town with the latest technology behind him..got to expect something good from the guy who designered the 1996 wolfrace logo eh. already copied the evo graphics from 2f2f but not sure if i should design something myself..

just a question though...at high speed the window seal sort of gave out and wind bellowed in, is this normal or does the seal need replacing? not that i go that fast everyday.
any advice gratefully recieved

ian
Old 03 August 2003, 03:11 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Its quite a common problem with the door seals, they can rot a little (loose their lubrication) and im not sure if you can either get something for the rubber or if you have to replace the seals totally......

The only other matter is that you have to be pretty careful when modifying JDM cars as depending on which MY they are, they need some TLC and lots of super unleaded fuel with octane booster.
The ecu is your biggest problem as it seems that running NUL kills the engine rather quickly and they dont have much in the way of knock correction compared to a uk spec car.
Remaps/different/replacement ecu's are always a good way to go with mods (a dv can lean the fuel out which isnt very good for your engine ) but with a different ecu it can be incorporated in so it doesnt do this
Id personally do something with the brakes (it does sound as though you have an older wrx, poss an MY93/94?) and the 2 pots on there aint good for stopping tesco's shopping trollies, let alone a 240ps car
Keep an eye out in the for sale section for subaru 4 pots, ensure you have 16 inch alloys though or these wont fit

Tony
Old 04 August 2003, 07:43 AM
ew4n
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

good call on the brakes, definately a must got a set of 18" wheels going on this week, so should have plenty of room, brakes are on my wish list. i dont plan to mod the engine anymore as i need the reliabilty but it felt stupid limited to 112mph, can u reccomend a 4x4 rolling road where i can get the ecu remapped?
Old 04 August 2003, 09:08 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

can u reccomend a 4x4 rolling road where i can get the ecu remapped?
You would be better off getting it mapped on the road say using a LINK ecu from BR Developments
Old 04 August 2003, 10:43 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Or if it is a later model ECU (MY99 onwards I think) try this company Ecutek.

Steve