Sponsored by:

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2003, 07:26 PM
Deep Blue Mica
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all!

I paid good money for a demonstrator with very low mileage(1.5K) which was known to have an over-reading speedo.....dealer agreed to rectify the problem prior to delivery to me. This did not happen and I'm now in the position of having paid cash for a car with an incorrect odometer reading and a faulty speedo(The mileages recorded in the service history are wrong too). The dealer today failed to correct the problem and I declined to drive home in the car because, apart from anything else, it contravenes The Road Traffic Act.....I'm told that the dealer committed an offence in supplying me with such a car.

Do I have a clear case for rejecting the car and asking for a full refund or should I try to agree some compromise?

I'd really appreciate your help here....

Thanks
DBM
Old 01 August 2003, 07:31 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

At the end of the day it's under warranty, so press them to get it sorted. They should be able to get 99% of parts in 24hrs, and I would have thought they should go the extra mile having just sold you the car.

If this fails contact Subaru UK.

David
Old 01 August 2003, 07:37 PM
Deep Blue Mica
Scooby Regular

Hi Shark...you supplied me with PPP in 2001

The thing is....it's an Evo!

The service experience so far is making me regret moving to the dark side.....Scooby dealers in my experience have always been good to excellent!

I'm concerned about the effect of all this on future resale....I need to know my rights.....???

Cheers
DBM