Sponsored by:

"do you want PPP done at same time?"

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2003, 10:28 AM
kentscooby2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

How to put a grin on a man's face: delivered WRX03 for 1000mile service this morning. Ordered PPP when new but told would be up to 6 weeks. Swapped pride and joy for Corsa - and whilst signing paperwork was asked "we might just be able to get PPP tomorrow, would you like us to do that...?"

pause - and then Service Asst answered his own Q : "that was a stupid qustion wasn't it!!"

Problem now is trying to calm down, stop grinning and persuade myself won't happen - or I'm going to be bloody disappointed driving it home Fri evening!!

Boys and their toys!
Old 31 July 2003, 10:54 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Leave it for a while. I assume you've been a good(ish) boy and not ragged it yet, so gradually start to use the performance so when the PPP is fitted you'll have a yardstick as to the improvements?
Ordered my PPP for my STi at the first service to give me a few weeks to begin to like the car after 1000 miles of "this thing feels like a dog after my 99my" After a Linked classic the STi feels so laggy and lifeless below 4000!
JohnD

PS Just had a call from the dealer it's in stock! That's just over a week!

[Edited by JohnD - 7/31/2003 11:17:52 AM]
Old 31 July 2003, 11:28 AM
kentscooby2
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

yup - I know that's very sensible advice
but
a. it's like unwrapping presents slowly
b. drive to Cornwall approaching and there's some fab roads across Bodmin Moor
c. if can't do this time will have to book another appointment - which'll make wife suspicious as she's not aware I've ordered PPP!

Meanwhile - anyone got advice of running in post 1st sevice and with newly fitted PPP? I've done 1200K v. carefully from new NOT exceeding 4K (well twice by mistake - damned hard isn't it) - do I then have to ease into it eg up to 5K limit for a bit - or is it now the "all clear" YEEEHAAAAAAAA - VROOOOOOOM
Old 31 July 2003, 12:05 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
If you give yourself a limit like 5000 RPM for the next 2 mths, it won't do any harm - to the engine or to you wrapping it
Old 31 July 2003, 12:13 PM
kentscooby2
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

so therefore a Track Day in beginning of Sept (Brands) probably not a brilliant idea until all bedded in a bit more, me included - think your comment about wrapping it very sensible advice.
Old 31 July 2003, 05:43 PM
Phil Harrison
Scooby Regular

so therefore a Track Day in beginning of Sept (Brands) probably not a brilliant idea
Is there one??

Only aware of 10 November.....

Phil