Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It took 4 days!

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2003, 08:57 PM
Brewstaa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well thats how long it took for me to get busted (I think) by a speed camera, a mobile van thingy parked up.

Turned right and 3 little blips on the loud pedal before seeing the van, only nudged 4K rpm in 1 2 and 3rd but I still have a feelin I was nudgin 55 in a 40

bastids and with 6 points already, its not looking good
Old 29 July 2003, 09:08 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

There is a very important judgement due to be passed down to us this coming Thursday. Be sure to check out the following:

Don't sign that form

Old 29 July 2003, 09:24 PM
TURBORAY
Scooby Regular

not quite sure i understand this. we heard of the loophole just recently,when i got done driving a work van.

as work had already told them that i was the driver,i was just sent a form to put my name,licence no etc..

i sent it back,with the details,but didn't sign it. this morning it came back in the post saying i had to send it back ASAP signed ,as it is an offenceof "faliure to comply" and i could be prosecuted !

surely if this loophole applies,i don't have to sign...do i?
i don't know if it made a difference that work had already told them it was me.
Old 29 July 2003, 09:35 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

a friend of mine was telling me about a similar situation~ one of their company cars had been photographed speeding, they obviously wrote to the company asking who the driver was.

as they 'weren't able to identify the driver' as it was a pool car, the company were fined £350 (i think that was the fine anyway)~ and the driver got away without the points.

helpful if you have an understanding boss, even better if you are that understanding boss that was driving
Old 29 July 2003, 10:01 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

I don't know the exact situation in the case of a company car. I suspect that you still need to sign the form for them to get a prosecution but there is no legal requirement for you to sign it. This is supported by how keen they are to get you to sign :-) Looks like they don't have a leg to stand on to me.

In general the various police areas send out nasty letters after they get the first unsigned NIP. Currently a class complaint is being organised to the police complaints authority about the nature of these letters and the fact that they are not based on any law. Hopefully they will soon have to withdraw them due to this.

The unsigned forms mailing list, which you can subscribe to from the link, contains lots of interesting info and the chance to discuss the matter with others in exactly the same position. You will get a lot of hope from this as there is no one on the list who has ever made it to court on either charge, that I am aware of. There are also sample letters etc. to send to the police in response to their threats when you don't sign.
Old 30 July 2003, 12:43 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

TURBORAY,YHM.