ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

main dealer SPEEDS Nottm?

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2000, 12:02 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Unhappy

does anyone know why Speeds of Nottingham have lost ther Subaru dealership, I had 60k service there last week (£387)!!!!! always been more than helpful, when I ask them to do little bits extra at no extra cost!!
sorry to see them go (
Old 04 May 2000, 01:14 PM
andyp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salsa,

I have to say that I won't be shedding any tears. I would say that on the occassions I've been there they have been very off hand.

But I think the main reason they've lost the dealership is that they don't seem to shift any cars! Not a very focussed dealership - I think they sell Hyundais amongst other things in rather cramped and unatractive showrooms. You would expect a dealership in central Notts to be shifting loads of Scoobies.

Go to Beachdales in Derby - much more friendly and always sort you out with a courtesy car,

Andy
Old 04 May 2000, 01:20 PM
PhilH
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I understand from SPEEDS that Beechdale will be opening a Subaru dealership in Nottingham soon.
Old 04 May 2000, 01:23 PM
Kev
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I too can give Beachdales in Derby a thumbs up, great service and they are very helpfull, even gave me and the wife a tour of the workshop (wether we wanted it or not !)Usual wash n valet and curtesy car oh and not forgetting the "free" wet wipes on the dash when you collect !!
K
Old 04 May 2000, 05:19 PM
adyhicut
Scooby Senior

Cool

Beechdale are the best dealership i have been to. They are always freindly helpfull and will service any subaru even imports (seen STIv ra in for service that used to go to graham goode and cars imported from europe)

Beechdale are opening a dealership in notts which include chrysler and saab don't think subaru will be there.

So if you want a good garage to go to then Beechdale is the one 01332 372555.

P.S i don't work for them. I am just a very satified customer of theirs.

ady
Old 04 May 2000, 05:39 PM
Craig H
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Don't believe about servicing Stis - they gave me a big no no. Dealers up here seem ****e.
Desperately need to get my Sti serviced but can't find anywhere local.
Old 04 May 2000, 05:49 PM
IAN LOVETT
Scooby Regular

Smile

Couldn’t agree more. Beechdales are enthusiastic and very efficient. They did my 96 UK Turbo’s cam belt service, reset the tracking, fitted the carpet mats I’d ordered and cleaned the car inside and out between 8:15 and 14:30 with only one days notice of booking it in. I even got a Subaru courtesy car (got the Justy but only because the two Legacy’s were already out) and a phone call when the work was done. I was well impressed!
Old 04 May 2000, 06:53 PM
andyp
Scooby Regular

Ian,

I got the Legacy estate - great car, but I kept forgetting how bloody long the thing was!
Picture this: at cross roads, going straight ahead, pootle across road - forgot the back of the car was in another county! If I ever need a BIG estate I'll definately get one of those.

When I used to go to SPEEDS FIAT all I got was a poxy Punto - and I was lucky to get that. Not best pleased after having parted with a considerable amount of cash for a Coupe Turbo!

Cheers

Andy
Old 04 May 2000, 09:42 PM
RobMac
Scooby Regular

I too changed from Speeds to Beechdale, and cannot recommend them enough!!

Much better service all-round from the team, even if they do keep giving me a Legacy loaner when I am desperate to try a Justy for a laugh

I knew a long time beforehand that Subaru UK were unhappy with Speeds, it just took them until Beechdale was established to terminate their contract.

Next time you go to Beechdale, ask Dave Wood if he is any good in a go-kart (especially at the NEC Autosport Show )

Rob.