Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HKS or Scoobysport

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2003, 10:52 PM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I currently have a HKS Hiper Muffler full exhaust system fitted to MY93 WRX but find that a lot of the time I am using the bung . The noise of the exhaust is a little too much at times. So I am thinking of removing the HKS (this would then be for sale if anyone interested) and purchasing a Scoobysport system instead. However, anyone have any experience between these 2 systems - one flow better than the other ?? better horse power from one than the other ?
Old 23 July 2003, 11:21 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

I've had a couple of different exhaust setups, but I was so happy with the Scoobysport (now H&S) downpipe and HKS Hiper combination I've bought the same again!

On my old car, I had a Scoobysport/H&S downpipe (2.5") and backbox, along with Magnex centre section (resonated)

The performance was OK and so were the noise levels.

I swapped the centre and backbox for a HKS Hiper, and there was an increase in performance (have a look at the Dyno site) albeit on a heavily modified car. The noise levels were increased though!!!

I know people who had the same downpipe, but with a Blitz Nur-Spec system and when they replaced it with a Hiper they also noticed an improvement.

I now have a MY00 car, running with a Hayward & Scott downpipe (3" to 2.5" with a splitter mod for the TD04 turbo) and a HKS Hiper again. I do run the car with a bung in to keep the noise levels down, but it doesn't seem to great affect the power!

With the bung in it's quieter than a full de-cat Scoobysport or Hayward & Scoot system. With the bung out, well you know what those noise levels are like!!