ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Importing Experience (fairly long)

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2000, 05:28 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

As most of you probably know by now, I've got my first scooby, a black MY94 WRX Wagon.

I just want to let the BBS community know about the excellent service I got from Caroline Hatch and David Grace at Dacar Imports who imported the car for me.

I also want to thank Mike Rainbird for giving me the contact details of Dacar. Without this info I'd probably still be looking for/waiting for/dreaming of getting, a scooby. Thanks Mike!

From my first email to Dacar about what I wanted and the silly budget I was on, I only had 10.5k to spend, they provided a fast and excellent service. Withing 72 hours they had details on a few cars that nearly matched my criteria, they sent me the details, knowing fully well that these cars were not exactly what I was after, simply so I could see the level of detail that they went into.

In the meantime they were still searching for the car that would exactly match my specification, and they were also answering many, up to 7 a day, emails that I bombarded them with. They always replied withing a few hours and never once got fed up with me asking pointless questions.

Within two weeks of my initial enquiry they had found a car which matched my specification. A few weeks after that and I'm driving around in the car.

I cannot express how pleasant and painless the experience was. I've read all kinds of horror stories on the web about dodgy importers and the like and I was dreading using an import agent in case I got shafted. I did also consider doing it myself, but I'm so glad I did not and I got someone else to do it for me.

Once again I want to thank Caroline and David for helping me to get my first scooby. I would strongly suggest that you speak to Dacar if you are considering importing a scooby (or other car models, as they do import other cars, just ask them) from Japan as you will receive the best service available.

Dacar's Contact details are as follows:

Company Name: Dacar Imports UK

Address:
2 Whipps Lane
Fundenhall
Norwich
Norfolk
NR16 1DT

Contacts: David Grace or Caroline Hatch
Telephone: 01508 481768
Fax: 01508 488017
Mobile: 0778 7566041
Email: Dacarimports@aol.com

BTW - I do <B>NOT</B> work for Dacar, I just think they are very good at what they do.
Old 03 May 2000, 11:56 PM
Frankie
Scooby Regular

You should have bought a U.K car- then a Dealer could have played with your nuts
Old 04 May 2000, 10:23 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Frankie:
the UK dealer may not have played with my nuts but he did try to shaft me where the sun don't shine! would not even let me SIT in a scooby to try for size (I'm 6ft 4in and 15 stone) unless I agreed to buy one! how stupid can you get, what's the point in saying I'll buy something if I can't fit in it!
Old 04 May 2000, 11:03 AM
Ian Sutton
Scooby Regular

Talking

Markus did you remove the drivers seat and sit in the back of your WRX wagon to drive it ??

..Ian
Old 04 May 2000, 11:15 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Ian:
Well, I was considering it! but I actually fit quite nicely. This reminds me of the scence in Police Academy where Hightower rips out the front seat of a car and then sits in the back to drive!

Old 04 May 2000, 12:18 PM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Talking

Marcus,

Glad you are a happy owner. Enjoy !!

John