Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2003, 01:08 AM
ace2002
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Not owning a scooby (yet) I'd like to know what the 'Bright' switch does on the centre bit of the dash board?

2) Seen in the 'For Sale' section a dawes device. Havn't a clue what this is, any1 care to explain?

3) Off topic but not worth doing another post, any1 know of any Mini restoration websites as im thinking of buying a fcuked mini for a ton and doing up until I can drive... Yes I'm not even 17 yet! Infact I'm not even 16 yet but I want something to do for the next year and a bit.

PS - I've loved Impreza's since about 10 and my passion for them has just kept growing so don't worry I'm not just a joy rider I seriously do love them. I can't wait until I eventually get 1 (hopefully P1 but that will probly be quite old when I can afford 1) It's something I've promised myself for years, a sort of 'life goal' if you like.

PPS - Keep you eyes out for a dark blue rover 200 (actually 218 is but hasn't got that badge) or a white vauxall little van cos I might be in it waving, lol.

Thanks

Peter
Old 12 July 2003, 02:10 AM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

1) Not owning a scooby (yet) I'd like to know what the 'Bright' switch does on the centre bit of the dash board?
Sorry, top secret. People may tell you it's something to do with the clock, but that's just the cover story. This one's a bit like a Mason's handshake - you only find out what it is once you're in the club

Seen in the 'For Sale' section a dawes device. Havn't a clue what this is, any1 care to explain?
Manual boost controller. Enables you to override the ECU operated boost solenoid and dial in your own chosen pressure level.

3) Off topic but not worth doing another post, any1 know of any Mini restoration websites as im thinking of buying a fcuked mini for a ton and doing up until I can drive... Yes I'm not even 17 yet!
Oops, it'll be a while before you find yourself driving a Subaru then

As far as Minis are concerned, a Haynes manual would be as good a start as anything, as would your local owner's club
Old 12 July 2003, 11:06 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I used to feel like you until I got one Ace. All the better when you eventually own it though.

Good luck with the Mini, good way to cut your teeth on the servicing you will have to learn when you get a Scoob

Les