Scoob parking at Heathrow?

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2000, 10:40 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Hi

I'm flying off from Heathrow Terminal 1 & staying away for a week in June.

Along with my various travel options, I'm consdiering driving from the South West & leaving the Scoob in the long-stay airport car park for a week. (99my DBM).

Please can any streetwise Londoners tell me if this is a sensible option? Will be Scoob still be there when I get back? Might it be damaged?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 26 April 2000, 10:49 PM
JamesH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Nick

I personally would not leave my car in Long Term @ LHR, but mainly on cost. There are a number of car park companies along the A4 - Bath Road & environs (£5/6 per day?). These guys will shuttle u in & out on demand & to date I have never had any sort of damage to any of the cars I have put there. I also think that they try harder & will take more interest in the security of your car. I use the one over the bridge on the LHS on the A4 going west after the A312 roundabout. Can't remember their name

Alternatively get an RAC Trackstar...
Old 26 April 2000, 10:54 PM
JamesH
Scooby Regular

Talking

Oooh, yes I can...

AIRWAYS CRANFORD PARKING, 1/B, Bath Rd, Hounslow. (020) 8759 9661

Old 26 April 2000, 11:31 PM
Anil Ootam
Scooby Regular

Angry

I wouldn't put my scoob anywhere near the Heathrow long stay car park. I parked mine there for a week. It was at the end of an isle, and when I got back it had a huge great dent in one of the doors. The parking cost £60 quid, the door repair £250. Now that's expensive parking........

Anil.
Old 27 April 2000, 07:55 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Thanks for the replies guys & also thanks to the private emails I've had. LHR sounds not a good place to park!

I've now decided to get to the airport by coach - at least I won't be worried about my car all my holiday!
Old 27 April 2000, 07:57 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Question

BTW

Is it just me, or do the reply email reminders from the BBS not work any more?
Old 27 April 2000, 01:42 PM
gareth
Scooby Regular

Based on experiences past (Donnington etc) I would think twice about discussing on the BBS where to leave your scoob unattended for a week or so...
Old 27 April 2000, 03:00 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Wink

Excellent advice Gareth, but I'd have thought that most cars in the long-term car park are going to be there for a few hours...

Old 27 April 2000, 03:22 PM
KevinS
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

A word of warning. A number of Heathrow car parks arre just depots for another park somewhere else and you will have to leave your keys AND some attendant will then drive the car to this place. Not mine thanks!
Old 27 April 2000, 06:36 PM
DavidG
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

As JamesH says, you're better off leaving your car in one of the off-site car parks who will bus you in. Better from a cost and security point of view than the LHR long term. I left the Scoob at Pink Elephant for a few days with no problems. There were some other Scoobs there as well. Also, there were some pretty expensive looking cars there. This is not a depot where you have to leave your keys with an attendant.

I agree with Gareth that in general we shouldn't discuss where we're going to leave our cars, but I think in this case any would-be car thief already knows that there are lots of cars parked in off-site car parks at airports and we're not giving anything away.

BTW, if you're ever tempted to park in the Selfridges car park, note that that <I>is</I> one of those car parks where you have to leave your keys.
Old 29 April 2000, 12:09 AM
Dave P
Scooby Regular

i have to confess i parked at Heathrow for a long weekend once, but I drove the B reg Fiesta instaed.

Have to say there were more valuable (I originally typed desirable but quickly realised the error of my ways) cars parked there than the Scoob but I suspect they were all company cars.

Get a train.

Dave