Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened ? Just bein nosey
Old 09 July 2003, 11:45 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you should have chased him and down and rammed ya fist down his throat.

Old 09 July 2003, 12:02 PM
jimr
Scooby Regular

Get off the R1 my **** - its about time you biker bummer boys had some respect for the other road users (I see way more wa*k riders on the road rather than bad drivers) you dodge in and out of lanes like you own the fecking road, you hang behind cars in there blind spot or so close behind them, than if the driver hit the brakes hard he'd see the biker doing a superman impression over the roof of his car.
Old 09 July 2003, 12:06 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

jimr, obviously not met stig.

bwahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Old 09 July 2003, 12:12 PM
Stig
Scooby Regular

Scoob definitely did not come out on top.

Not only is the bike quicker, as soon as we hit the traffic I filtered past and buggered off.

Don't bother trying to outrun bikes in a Scoob, if they're in the hands of anyone even half competent then you'll lose.

Get over it and get the **** out of my way :P
Old 09 July 2003, 12:16 PM
jimr
Scooby Regular

Bothered about STIG!!!!! STIG yadda yadda yadda

I see bikers using all three lanes of the motorway to get past cars (undertaking) and if they got knocked off they'd be the first to complain about the driver who did it - well if it was me that knocked him off I'd get out and give the tw*t another shoeing to make sure he got the message - It's called the highway code and its about time that these ****** on bikes read this code of highway conduct.
Old 09 July 2003, 12:19 PM
Stig
Scooby Regular

Jimr - thanks for that generalisation.

I post expressing my disgust at the patently dangerous antics of a car driver (who happened to be in a Scoob but that's irrelevant), then you fire off this vitriol knowing nothing about me, let alone bikes in general.

I suggest pulling your head from your anus chap, as bikers are about a million times more aware of what's going on around them as car drivers.

Trending Topics

Old 09 July 2003, 12:24 PM
Scoobydick
Scooby Regular

With jimr all the way on this one - virtually every motorbike rider breaks the highway code every day espec under taking and not leaving breaking distances etc. They think they own the road and need taking down a peg or two.
Old 09 July 2003, 12:31 PM
jimr
Scooby Regular

I think alot of other driver have the same feeling about bikers - there not more aware of the road (& you say I generalise)they just use bully tactics to move drivers out the way like they own the road.
Old 09 July 2003, 12:31 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Have had no problems with bikers over here. There is [and should be] a mutual respect between owners of high performance machinery.

Stig - sorry to here about your run in with a dangerous driver. What happened exactly?

Suresh
(not a biker btw)
Old 09 July 2003, 12:32 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Sccobydick, whereas all ca drivers are absolutely spot on in their driving?

Uh-huh, Ok then, I beleive you.

It's called jealousy, BTW. It is not against the law to filter, it's called making progress I was even encouraged to do it on my motorbike test. Stick that in your Highway Code and smoke it.
Old 09 July 2003, 12:33 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

everytime i go out on my bike or my car i break the speed limit, and thus break the highway code.

however, i never undertake on either the bike or the car and to suggest that the majority of bikers undertake is just ludicrus.

RB170
Scooby Regular

Don't give us that sanctimonious "breaking the highway code" ****. EVERY driver breaks the highway code EVERYDAY.

Why do the majority of drivers have a problem with a bike filtering? All you need to do is just move over and let the bike through. It doesn't cause you any bother you don't even have to change lanes.

Scooby96
Scooby Regular

As a Scoob driver (WRX) and a biker (ZX7R) I can't agree with either of you (Stig and Jimr). There are **** car drivers and **** bikers - neither of you can generalise the other, or can do so justifiably.

Never undertake whatever you're driving/riding. Most if not all break the law at some point - probably on a daily basis, myself included but that does not make someone inherently dangerous. The majority of car drivers usually are oblivious to whats happening around them but I also agree that the majority of bikers do get too close which is a dangerous combination.

Stop swiping your handbags at eachother!
Old 09 July 2003, 12:34 PM
Stig
Scooby Regular

Well, it would appear that there's more than one **** driving a Scoob then wouldn't it.

Thanks again for tarring us all with the same brush.
Old 09 July 2003, 12:34 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

But then they are 33% more likely to die on their toys So wot was the scoob doing that endangered peoples lives etc? Not questioning fact that many drivers/riders aren't advanced driving gurus all the time but seeking a bit more detail on what was doen that got such a reaction?
Si
Old 09 July 2003, 12:35 PM
paulmon
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jimr,

Do you have any idea at all what you are talking about, my first guess is no. The world is full of bike riding idiots and car driving idiots. To tar everyone with the same brush shows a level of intelligence normally found in pond dwelling bacteria.

As a general rule bike riders have a much better sense of what is around them than car drivers. This simple reason for this is because they also have a greater sense of self preservation, if you fall of a bike on a main road at speed you are going to do serious damage to yourself whereas if you are in a car the chances are you'll come out of the accident with no more than a dented ego.

P
Old 09 July 2003, 12:36 PM
RB170
Scooby Regular

Bikers are FAR more observant than car drivers, they have to be to avoid the w@nk drivers that pull out without checking blind spots etc.

The best drivers have bike licenses too.
Old 09 July 2003, 12:36 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

well hell if its gone off topic then all join in.

Very easy to make sweeping statements about everything really.
Lots and lots of very bad bikers about, and very good ones.
Also lots of very good car drivers- and very bad ones.

Christ if i posted the plate of every car/bike/cop/fire engine thats driven badly and endangered me- there would be a seperate website for it with a bigger capacity than the whole of scoobynet (totally over the top but you get the point).

Sh*t happens-deal with it.
Old 09 July 2003, 12:37 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Jimr, how can 200kgs of bike bully 1200kgs of car?

Car drivers hate bikes because they aren't paying attention to the traffic around them and get startled when they find a bike passing them. In the drivers mind that becomes the bikes fault and not their lack of attention. Then there's the jealousy factor. You'd be surprised how many people, usually in 4x4's or expensive cars, deliberately block the gap when your filtering (which I remind you, is not illegal).

Anyway, back to the subject in hand: Scooby drivers are tw@t's

REV (Scooby owner and biker)
Old 09 July 2003, 12:41 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

A bit of give and take I think. Bikes are just that damn quick these days you dont even see they're behind you. I always try to move over and practically drive on the pavement to let these guys past. Nine times out of ten they acknowledge your awareness with a wave and thats good enough for me. Fair enough I see plenty of idiots and you just wonder how long it is before they kill themselves, but then again I guess this can be levelled at a number of car drivers (Subaru's included)

Bikes are dangerous enough without upping the stakes by trying to race them-I'm not surprised Stig got a little upset. And an R1.....save your petrol and let the thing go past.

Old 09 July 2003, 12:43 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
I ride and drive, I apply the same standards when doing both, in fact I'm even more circumspect when driving as my field of vision is reduced.

As far as I'm concerned I see a lot of bad bikers exactly the same as I see a lot of bad drivers. Standards need to improve all round.

Hope the Subaru driver sees this post and thinks, just for a moment, if he could have behaved differently.
Old 09 July 2003, 12:44 PM
Scoobydick
Scooby Regular

Also you lot intimidate old ladies when about 400 of you pull into a roadside cafe and start swearing.
Old 09 July 2003, 12:45 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

RB170 - class comment!
Old 09 July 2003, 12:50 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Here we go again ..

Aaahhh the good old days
Old 09 July 2003, 12:51 PM
Stig
Scooby Regular

Let me just reiterate and clarify what I posted.

I took umbrage at the fact that a driver (could have been a biker, but in this case it wasn't), drove like a **** to achieve something that was pointless.

At no point did I say that bikers were in any way, shape or form 'better' than car drivers.

This was an isolated incident, but one that was dangerous enough to be worthy of a posting here. Perhaps the owner will think twice next time.

Mr Rawson has decided that all bikers are w4nkers and would 'shoe' them after he knocked one off. You sad little man James.

As others have said, there's nothing illegal about a bike 'making progress' and to hinder it's passage is pointless and can be dangerous.

I drive cars too (ahem ) and can safely say that riding a bike DOES make you a better, more aware driver. Not only of what's going on around you, but the condition of the road, the layout of junctions, anticipation of other drivers' movements and a million and one other things that you learn as second nature on a bike.

So please don't treat bikers with such contempt, most of them would dust you in a car too.

PS. As far as 400 turning up at a layby and swearing - Jeez, this is 2003 you know? Bikers aren't all bearded tattoo wearing greasers.

Oh, and I've NEVER been to a bike meet in my life.
Old 09 July 2003, 12:51 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Long live the bikes lane changing on the motorways at high speed.

It keeps me entertained whilst i'm sitting at 50mph in a jam.
Old 09 July 2003, 12:54 PM
Stig
Scooby Regular

Spoon - I doubt that charging past traffic jams at high speed on a bike will involve 'long life' for long
Old 09 July 2003, 12:57 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Question

Isnt is something like 14mph max speed for filtering through a traffic jam.
Old 09 July 2003, 12:59 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Also you lot intimidate old ladies when about 400 of you pull into a roadside cafe and start swearing.
Whereas 400 swearing Scooby drivers wouldn't be intimidating?

Bollocks.

Quick Reply: For the attention of: