Sponsored by:

SEATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2003, 06:24 PM
shropshire lad
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Have picked up a new WRX 03 Wagon. Really pleased, impoporvement on my 2000 - expect for.....SEATS ! 'Orrible ! I miss the buckets of the old car..I slip around loads as does other half...! And its spoiling the drive home each nite !

Have been looking at alternatives, e.g Cobra, Corbeau, Recaro etc..can anybody recommend any of these (£s permitting !). What will fit in my03's and how easy are new seats to fit ??. We need mostly fast sport use and some long distance touring so need to get out of car fresh after few hours driving (and PS we are not rakes, so a bit of leeway needed !!).

Would like to try before I buy. Am based in Midlands. So can anybody recommend a good suplier where I / we can test ??
Old 08 July 2003, 09:50 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2
Do they do buckets as an option when it's new (sport seats or something)? if so is it worth asking your dealer if you can part ex your seats for some better ones ? might be worth a try you never know your luck !
Dave

Old 08 July 2003, 10:35 PM
shropshire lad
Scooby Newbie

Angry

Tried that and nope they don't.....sod !!
Old 08 July 2003, 10:59 PM
Phil Herrup
Scooby Regular

Apart from price one of the benefits of importing is that you do get a choice on seats. Just picked up new MY03 with Bucket Seats. Snug as bug
Old 08 July 2003, 10:59 PM
shropshire lad
Scooby Newbie

I Agree !! The new stears are terrible !! And what worries me is that I am a bit porky !! So, maybe its a case of familarity breads contempt (I wait for a few months time !! Also sad when all these airbags have to stop basic comfort and support !!

Old 07 August 2003, 10:54 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
There was a post on here about a month ago Re the new seats in 03MY cars - according to the fair number of posts it recieved most people actually liked them, which is odd as I hate them!

It seems that if you are thin you hate them them - a bit porky you love em.....

Mind you after having mine a few months now, I do think they seem to be getting better or I'm just getting used to how **** they are...

Bring back the old seats.....GRRRR

The 03MY seats have side airbags in them, which makes it slightly more complicated to swap them out, as you have to disconnect the airbags then use a resistor to match the resistance value of each airbag to prevent the warning light coming on. I know Prodrive do (or used too) seat replacements for Recaro's. Whether they are still prepared to do this with the litigation involved in removing airbags I don't know. Maybe worth emailing Mike Wood @ prodrive.

[Edited by Dr Hu - 7/8/2003 10:55:36 PM]