Sponsored by:

Followed Home

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2003, 02:50 AM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Where was this? Kneecap the ******* if they touch ya car!
Old 08 July 2003, 02:52 AM
Mr.Manchester
Scooby Regular

dont be paranoid mate it seems like its that time of year again

In situations like this you have to choose between your scoob and your safety/family and in some cases your life.

I hope you choose wisely!

Good luck mate, havnt seen you at T&M in a while!

Old 08 July 2003, 03:20 AM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Out of the loop a bit m8, but had been planning to pop down.

Nearly made it today in fact

Not sure what I'll choose to do until it happens, maybe I can offer to spring clean their oven
In fact the effective range seems a bit limited so I've now supported it with a can of de-icer. I'm sure I can claim a British summer justifies carrying one.

Anyway as there's still no sign of 'em I'm going to turn in.
Old 08 July 2003, 05:18 AM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

Probably some kid in Daddy's car playing at Policeman.
Old 08 July 2003, 07:22 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Better safe than sorry

I was followed back from the chinesse once by a dodgy guy - I turned around and doubled back on myself three times in the 5 minute journey and he made the same turns (albeit in one road down from me) everytime Still, at least I realised and a quick (very quick ) blast down the bypass and a couple of turns at great speed lost him

Better to be alert and take the long way home than end up with a load of trouble you don't need
Old 08 July 2003, 07:27 AM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Banshi,

It's not because you are paranoid that there is nobody out to get you

So I'd say good move, I would have done the same.
Old 08 July 2003, 08:02 AM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

I reckon the scoobs of the local areas, should get together, swap mobile numbers. If one of your clan gets tailed like that, call a mate. He gets as many guys along as he can, keep the "tailer" logged onto to your bumper. When the cavalry arrive , just sort them out.
I personally would rather get "done" for that, rather than just sit back and wait for some scumbag to break into my car/home, family threatened, whatever.
The gendarmerie would have to take you all to court.
That would look good in the papers, and let the scum now that people are actually standing up to them, and not afraid to sort them out.
I know we are all "law abiding citizens", but sometimes the law is just too little too late. It's not their fault, its the governments.

Trending Topics

Old 08 July 2003, 08:09 AM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I think thats a very good idea m8.. I'd be willing to swap moby no.s with any scooby owners in the leeds area..even if force wasnt used i think the presence of a dozen or so imprezas on the wa#&*rs bumber flashing their lights would be enough for him to think twice about doing it again
Old 08 July 2003, 08:48 AM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Talking

foot-tapper, thats a great idea. i'll propose it to my manchester lot see what they say...

gav..
Old 08 July 2003, 08:57 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Banshi, as you know I dont live too far from you, and last night I was followed by two guys on bikes

definatly something suspicious, they kept going towards each other pointing to my car and talking to each other, and nodding

then every once in a while one would try and cut up the inside, and the other on the outside

I did some diversionary tactics, and went on all the routes without traffic lights, and eventually lost them

Steve
Old 08 July 2003, 09:06 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

If you think you are being followed by police or a single car of dodgy persuation, provided you are not too close to home, pull over. Keep it in first, keep an eye on the other car. Be aware of them trying to come up alongside you to block you in - be ready to slam it in reverse.

1 of 3 things should happen.
1) It's police and they may stop to check car etc.
2) the car will just carry on past, and this will help stop you worrying
3) some scum will get out of the car, you can run them down or at least just burn off. You will have the upper hand as some of them have gotta get back in the car and you're in a scoob

Personally if i think there is a police car following me i always pull over. They usually just go past after giving it a good stare

Or if you are uncomfortable with stopping could drive round and round an island!!

Andy
Old 08 July 2003, 09:43 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Like the cavalry idea, and as I have a crap old 205 I could just drive into the following vehicle - that would stop them.

In between Leeds and Manchester

Reminds me of the Pulp Fiction bit - be there in 10 minutes
Old 08 July 2003, 11:42 AM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Scoobynet Car Crime Vigilanties -

I love it, don't think Simon will though

Have to design an appropriate window sticker.
Old 08 July 2003, 11:50 AM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Banshi, stop the car somewhere visible and confront them and see how quick they drive away.They where obviously little a#rseholes in Daddys Volvo playing games.I've had some t#ssers follow me in a Saxo but when i got out they think your a bigger (Scumbag/Dealer)than they think they are as you drive a Subaru and they soon p#ss off.

Last night i caught 3 La La's looking at my courtesy car but when i politely (NOT) walked staight up to them and asked did they know me, they all did the usual sh#thouse mumble and walk away quietly.

F#ck em and be as agrressive as you can be towards them and if all else fails get a blow up model of Yoza in your front seat and all will be fine.

Zippy.
Old 08 July 2003, 12:03 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

B, email me your address mate, have something for ya.
Old 08 July 2003, 12:12 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Wot, yet again??

Need 2 spk anyway.

Old 08 July 2003, 12:12 PM
danny-boy
Scooby Regular

its terrible we have to worry, I've got a chain on the door now so if anyone tries to get my keys whilst I'm out and pick on my bird as the easy target, I told her if someone tries to get in by putting their hand around the door to cut the fecking thing off, or beat it with the baseball bat erm I mean rolling pin

The mobile thing says good, I'm up for the Bournemouth/Poole area

Maybe we should start a motorway thing to, if your getting some **** maybe flash your lights four times or something?
Old 08 July 2003, 12:19 PM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

Interesting read this - I know exactly how some of you feel.

I was followed last night by a green van with two guys in it trying to wave me down - not to admire the wheels, they definitely wanted the car. The roads were busy and as I was genuinely afraid of getting stuck at lights or in a queue, I headed out to the motorway (M25), with a view to giving it a quick run to the next junction and then turning round. Needless to say, they followed me and due to the weight of traffic (6pm coming on at Junction 10 going anti-clockwise), I couldn't lose them. They caught me and were swerving towards me in an effort (in my opinion) to get me over to the hard shoulder. By this stage, I had had enough and I booted it, swerving in and out of traffic in a bid to leave them behind. I pulled some pretty stupid manouevres which I'm not proud of - I even passed about four scoobies who would have just assumed I was a ****, until they saw a green van doing the same to catch me. For anyone who saw a black WRX driving erratically between junctions 10 and 8 of the M25 yesterday evening, it was me and I apologise. I must stress, this is not the way I usually drive.

Old 08 July 2003, 12:26 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Barry,
Just because your paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Just keep the baseball bats handy. One in the house and one in the car. Or pickaxe handle in the house, baseball bat in the car.

Be alert.

Cheers MTR
Old 08 July 2003, 12:40 PM
S200BYY
Scooby Regular

The big Maglight torches are very handy!
Old 08 July 2003, 12:58 PM
GabsterWRX
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

The Big Maglight is the best idea, damn heavy and should the GMP stop you, which happens, they will not try and charge you for carrying a potential weapon (the axe handle especially).

Sounds mad, but I had a friend who got b****cked for have a knife under his passenger seat. Not a flick knife, just a regular knife for dining, that would have struggled cutting the crust on your pie.

Be aware of what and who is around you I think is the moral of this.

GabsterWRX
Old 08 July 2003, 12:59 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Zippy, a bit too old for a 3 on 1 fracas, and though I do still have me moments I'll wait for the prototype inflatable Yoza, or a miniature EvilBevel (if I was planning to ****** his car I'd want half a dozen Rugby League forwards on the case )

Today I can't decide if it was justified or total paranoia.

The rear passenger was leaning over the driver & pointing in a very animated manner. Maybe he'd had a few beers and was simply admiring the car? Or perhaps they were simply on a wind up,

I really don't know but it's a right royal pain in the ***!
Old 08 July 2003, 01:04 PM
P1-day
Scooby Regular

no its not paranoia and keep your wits about u.

i had a similar thing not 2 long ago and posted it on here. everyone said the same thing, b carefull.

could u not phone the police while driving or if possible drive to the hearest police station if u no the area?
Old 08 July 2003, 01:06 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

newby to scooby - "No addresses given please for obvious reasons." yeah that makes sense but you need to know how long someone is gonna take to get to you so i would suggest picking a landmark in your town and then those that want to join can say it takes me x minutes to get there. manchester is a big place so you'll need a vague idea of where everyone is. unfortunately i come from down south otherwise you'd have mail by now
Old 08 July 2003, 01:10 PM
jwallis
Scooby Regular

If you phone the police while driving, would they do you for using the mobile?
Old 08 July 2003, 01:12 PM
newby to scooby
Scooby Regular

Definitely not paranoia, I had a similar thing last Monday, turned out to be three masked men trying to get into the car, I wasn’t even aware they were behind me and probably been following me for some time !!!

Definitely be aware of who is behind you !!!!
Old 08 July 2003, 01:15 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Barry did you say old, you showed no sign of an age problem going round the 3 sisters recently, LOL.

Keep your chin up mate and try not to worry.

I know its difficult in high stress situations, but a registration is GOLD in cases such as these, they are so easy to find once you have it and when you arrive at the said address its then your turn to be causing the worries.

Zippy
Old 08 July 2003, 01:16 PM
P1-day
Scooby Regular

i was thinking that if u r on the phone and then it turns out to b the plod who try to do u for using your mobile, surely if u pass it over to them for them to hear or see u r on the phone to 999 they would let u off, no??

Old 08 July 2003, 01:30 PM
ScoobyPugh
Scooby Regular

Although I agree with those who say keep an eye out for who is behind you, surely if you try and lose them in a scoob and fail then the people who want your car are more desperate and IMHO more dangerous and / or loopy than you gave them credit for.

If you are cornered then surely trying to fight with a torch handle / baseball bat would be silly and put your family at risk far more than letting them take it and calling the police. Much as I would hate the *******s for doing so you could take the number of vehicle they have used (prob stolen) then phone police, then Tracker.

If I was on my own then that would be a different story!!!
Old 08 July 2003, 02:01 PM
MadMark
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Been followed through (and out of) Slough twice now in my WRX - first time they followed me for 5 miles of country roads - did a slight loop to check then foot flat for two miles and pulled over in dark turning - watched them go past and then double back - so not paranoia ....

Second time my girlfriend was followed home by "youths" in a beaten up Montego - one got out in our driveway to check out the car until I appeared (and I am quite big) - I chased him and the car up the road in my bare feet .... Cops called etc. Apparently they are known as the "Laptop" gang - and assumed nice car - must have one!!! Girlfiend noticed them but thought she was being paranoid .....

Quick Reply: Followed Home