ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

WRC TV Coverage on Eurosport

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2000, 12:49 AM
Steve Howat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Yep, it was on Eurosport, during the following week. I only chanced on it 'cos there was bog all else on the telly. It was a good event though!! (couldn't see the SIDC anywhere)
Old 26 April 2000, 09:47 AM
DBarthorpe
Scooby Regular

Question

Anyone know what has happened to the TV coverage of the WRC on Eurosport?

I have recently become a Sky Digital subscriber and was looking forward to the "as it happens" coverage of the Catalunya Rally, but there was nothing on Eurosport at all !

I know the BBC do a summary programme the weekend after as part of Grandstand, but what about the "live" stuff ?
Old 26 April 2000, 09:51 AM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Catalunya is always difficult as the local TV station has all the rights to TV on it, and sells the rights on to whoever it likes for whatever money it likes, this year i think the BBC managed to get hold of it. Its the only rally that isnt covered by Eurosport in the WRC calender that i know of.
Old 26 April 2000, 10:14 AM
suba
Scooby Regular

i think it was on eurosport but one week later. goto
Old 26 April 2000, 01:04 PM
Fred
Scooby Regular

Angry

I fall on pure hazard on the summary (Eurosport France/switzerland)it was on thursday April 7, as the catalunya finished sunday 2, if i remember well.

That's right it was noted a daily summary on TV magazine, but nothing on TV. It's one day ago of the summary that they announced it in racing line...
All WRC summary we've seen here are done by SAMIPA, no rally are excluded so at least in the week we've got it on Eurosport, and 2 weeks later on "TMC TELE MONTE CARLO" (presented by the SO BAD Eric Gendry...)

One time I mailed Eurosport about the problem of rally coverage announced. They answer me they apologize and that the summary was not presented in time because was not ready!!! (completely stupid because it was a summary of the 3 days finished 2 days ago...)

But okay, they are not reliable, but here it's the quickest summary we had...
By the way at the moment this is not the best summary of WRC event I have seen and they speak too much in it...
Could be severely improved!

Old 27 April 2000, 11:17 AM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Steve

The SIDC were around but in unusual places, due to various amounts of 'Silver Tongue' and the GARDA not understanding too much English.

Usually it was behind the camera man whilst doing the interviews with Burnsie et-al. THANK YOU PRODRIVE

On the last but one stage most of them were in the official photographers enclosure right behind the TV cameras.

The BBC however did have Andy WIlliams - full frontal waving Union Jack at Alistair McRae.