Sponsored by:

Subaru customer scare/care

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2003, 11:41 AM
Bryan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Anyone out there ever managed to get any joy from Subaru U.K. ?.
Wrote to them a good three (3) weeks ago now enquiring as to their proposals for dealerships in Lancashire as over the last Three (3) years they have taken the francise away from two (2) of them. Guess what !!!!, no reply. Wanted to change my oomy turbo for a Sti (pointed out in the letter) but prefered not to travel 45miles plus each service. Come on Subaru your not that good that you can afford to ingnore your customer base, a simple letter is all it takes.
I filled in a form on the net re a EVO V111, Received a info pack in the post within 2 day and a call from the nearest dealer within 4 days, now thats service.
I feel it would only take one more "bug eye" error and Subaru would lose a lot more customers.
Come on Subaru pull your finger out and send me a letter!.
Old 02 July 2003, 12:21 PM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

Byran,
Could you send me any info you do get ?
I've heard rumours that my nearest (AJ Whites - Blackburn) is about to close and I'll be left between trip to Rochdale or Carlise
Old 02 July 2003, 12:31 PM
RB170
Scooby Regular

My nearest, Lavendar Hill, is no longer a scooby dealer
Old 02 July 2003, 01:06 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Red face

AJ Whites are losing the Subaru dealership and not a moments too soon IMHO.
A complete lack of customer care / bad service.

Girlfriend bought a MY00 turbo from then from new, came with half worn tyres (did not notice this until too late !!) could not fix the cold start problems etc/ gear selection problems, stalling when slowing down from traffic lights etc. Whenevershe took it it they simply said it was the way she wad driving it. If I took it in a different story and promises upon promises to fix it. In the end took it to Matthew at Rochdales and they sorted it and ended up buying a bug eye sport demo from them for her and they serviced my bug eye turbo Euro import no problems.

Richard
Old 02 July 2003, 02:44 PM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

Richard,
I totally agree with your statement.
I do however find them usefull for of the shelf items.
I always travel to Rochdale for servicing but its a hell of a way to go to pick up a brochure or get a touch up pen.
Also having more dealers helps compitition and gives you more choice when buying.
Old 02 July 2003, 02:59 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Interesting that it was not just me that got service from this dealer.
Yes it is a shame that more and more dealers are going away from Subaru as more dealers better prices - there was a thread on this a few weeks ago due to IM / Subaru wanting all dealers to decorate in coporate colurs.
IMO its also Subaru UK fault as they mostly seem to concentrate on just one model range in particilar the Impreza. What about the Forrester and the Legacy ?

Richard

Old 02 July 2003, 03:23 PM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

I reserve judgement !
If they wanted to continue to sell Subaru surley they would decorate to the company colour ? Paint ain't that much.
I have heard of people who will deal with no one else but Whites as they are that happy.
I'm a great believer in you can't please all the people all the time, and just because two (or more) have had a bad experience does'nt make them a bad company.
My particular grief was around buying a car - they wanted top book for theirs and offered bottom book for mine.I didn't mind, but I did mind when they treated me like a two year old when I asked to sit down to discuss it.
Robinson's was a completely different story, just couldn't do enough ! Sat down and discussed prices like men and I walked away a few thousand pounds lighter - but happy !
I presume their decision not to stick with Subaru is based around how many cars they are selling (thats were the profit is)and not the service centre, but as my experience show's, it's no wonder their not selling many.

Trending Topics

Old 02 July 2003, 03:34 PM
S200BYY
Scooby Regular

I also go to Robinsons Rochdale & found them v.v.helpful & willing to do a deal on anything be it cars or accessories. They are also open on Saturdays for servicing which is a must for me.
Old 02 July 2003, 04:05 PM
vash
Scooby Regular

Sparshats in botley!! THE BEST IMO!!
Old 02 July 2003, 05:13 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

SPARSH1TTS, the best?????????????????????????????????????

Tell me PLEASE that you're avin a larf mate!!

Mill Lane have also lost their Subaru Franchise - next one to me is Lancaster Pangbourne - they divert you to the local mortgage broker before they service your car they are THAT expensive!! Saw a punter hopping out of there with one leg and one arm the other day, in the showroom was the service manager laughing whilst chewing on parts of the guys anatomy!!

Pete
Old 02 July 2003, 07:35 PM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

Shame about Mill Lane, but my warranty runs out in a few miles at 60k, so presumably I can carry on going to them. I wonder whether their service for Scoobs will change at all now they are independent (but Mitsubishi franchise) or whether a real independent would be a better bet.

(Their letter explaining the change did suggest that their Scooby servicing would continue as independents, but I guess that doesn't help people who need the Subaru stamps in the book).
Old 02 July 2003, 07:37 PM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

Oh, and Pete's right about Sparshatts. I really wouldn't want to take my car there, even though they are just a few miles away.