Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pop Quiz

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2003, 05:32 PM
cactus jim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a freshly imported STi Wrx Version 5 Type R. You have probably seen the baeutiful photos i have posted elsewhere.

I have done about as much research as i can on these and am still asking myself the same questions.

Can you anyone answer them without refering to the SIDC FAQ or other threads as they all seem quite vague about the type r.

Fashion
1. What are the performance figures for the Type R, Standard BHp, 0-60 times etc. I have read better than the standard P1.

General Knowledege
2. i always use Optimax as i have a SHELL very close to me, however my imported stated that it makes very little difference.
Do i need the ECU re-mapped or do i need to add the booster stuff?
i do not track race, however i do drive hard!!

Sport
3. My car has Tom Tsuamisu Razo stickers inside of it? WHo are they. any ideas?

Geography
4. What does the button A/P then a fan mean next to the I/C sprays.?

History
5. Where can i download, print or buy the owners manual? (Importer conveniently forgot to ship one)

Lastly for the gold run......

6. Has anyone tried to replace the gearbox synchromesh in these, it seems a little sticky on high revs. The warranty states i can have it looked at, however i have heard it costs a lot. Any ideas.

I know these are mechanical questions, however i hope soemone can point me in the right direction.

Hope to see you at the shows this year!!

Old 27 June 2003, 11:54 PM
CRAIGFIN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cactus jim,

Congratulations on aquiring a fine piece of kit. I have owned my MY99 STI Type-R V5 for the last 18 months and they are stunning!!!
I am no scooby expert, but will endevour to answer some of your questions.

1. The performance figures on the net vary from source to source. I have seen BHP figures from 280 to 300. I have seen a list on the net with all the Impreza's BHP figures and their V5 Type-R had the standard at 300 BHP. Not sure on that. The 0-60 time also varies from 4.2secs to 4.5secs, again not sure.

2. I have used Shell Optimax in my Type-R for 18 months and nothing else. I have not used a single drop of octane booster at all. A lot of people on here do use it a lot, so its personal preference.

3. No idea.

4. No idea.

5. I have looked for 18 months to find a service/workshop manual for my car and have come up with nothing. A lot of people on here have also been searching and found nothing. You will find bits and pieces of info on the net, but nothing major.

6. No idea.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Craig.

[Edited by CRAIGFIN - 6/27/2003 11:58:25 PM]