Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ppp + brakes

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2003, 09:06 PM
dicky ticker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone fitted ppp to a classic and not uprated their brakes?

i know the oem set up is poor but does the extra bhp warrant an increase in the brake set up?

quick responses would be appreciated so as i won't miss the brembo group buy. (please leave here mods beg, beg,beg)

cheers

colin
Old 26 June 2003, 09:12 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

If you have an MY99 car ie has the 4 pots then it has the same brakes as an MY99 WRX import and the WRX had 40bhp more than a PPP UK turbo . With the 4 pots you could always upgrade the pads, disks and fit braided hoses and it becomes an OK setup.

Old 26 June 2003, 09:15 PM
Blobster
Scooby Regular

Have just committed to the Brembo buy myself as in my humble opinion upgrading the brakes should be the first mod on anyone's list.
I'll never forget my first serious B road sprint after buying the car - the ear to ear grin as the acceleration out of a corner arrived - the sphincter tightening as I wondered how long before the brakes would actually slow me before the next corner.
Point to point the classic Scooby would be so much quicker if it were able to scrub off speed as good as it puts it on.

That's my two pence worth anyhow.
I'm off for a lie down in a darkened room now.
Old 26 June 2003, 09:32 PM
Attu
Scooby Regular

Ive got a 98 PPP with full decat so i supose its got 250 to 260 bhp ?? and its still got 2 pots on
To be honest i know people say 2 pots are bad but under most conditions ive not had many problems...well apart from the time i was racing a motor bike and a lorry pulled out in front of us
Im sure my oppinion is due to the fact ive not known any better and im getting to the stage where i can feel a track day comming .
Id never take it on track with the 2 pots and with this in mind ive also gone for the group buy
Im sure when ive got my new Brembo's fitted ill also be saying how bad 2 pots are ...cant comment on Scooby 4 pots as ive never realy driven a Scooby hard thats had 4 pots

Andy
Old 26 June 2003, 10:35 PM
Dan J
Scooby Regular

I've had my MY00 for about a week now and have the standard 4 pots but have found them weak for the performance of the car. I've also gone for the Brembos on the group buy as I needed new pads and figured to go the whole hog. I agree with the comment that the brakes should be one of the first mods you make. Make sure you can stop your car before you make it even quicker!