Sponsored by:

Subaru Servicing - Courtesy Cars

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2003, 10:20 AM
micaAB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

anyone else had a coutesy car from subaru while they are getting serviced?

we've had to phone our own insurance company to arrange extra cover for the courtesy car loan period, it's only £15 extra for 2 days. now while they are very polite and gracious at the subaru garage, i can't beleive that after spending over twenty grand for a new motor less than 3 months ago subaru can't lend me a car without me making my own arrangements for cover

all of this is because some stupid tw@t on a bicycle rammed himself into my door 3 days after picking the damn thing up, i've got to pick up the costs of the paint shop work and the insourance cover for the loan car.

i can't see this happening if i had a ford or vauxhall (forgive me for using these filthly words - i shall wash my mouth out right away)

andy.
03 wrx.
Old 19 June 2003, 10:29 AM
Shark
Scooby Regular

We make our customers insure the courtesy car as we find they look after them better

David
Old 19 June 2003, 10:36 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Had my scoob serviced last week. They gave me courtesy car (well it was a Daihatsu something lol).They did not require any insurance from me, but the sting in the tails is the excess is around £250-300.So that makes you drive really careful!!!

Old 19 June 2003, 10:39 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

and it costs you less

Mine is in for some warranty work next week.......the problem is I will need a car and to insure the courtesy car will cost me £25. They are checking out an ABS fault, the suspected part is the pump but they want to check the wiring first. I asked if they will be getting a pump in in case it does require replacing and they said no. If it turns out to be the pump it will have to go in again. That would be another £25........ not the best service IMHO
Old 19 June 2003, 10:42 AM
wos 69
Scooby Regular

You have to take out insurance with most courtesy cars now.
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got a spanking Sport Wagon when my car was in for it's 45k, at no cost to me other than petrol
micaAB
Scooby Regular

David,

i accept your point of view, but whether the car is insured by myself or subaru, my desire to crash/damage any car is still the same.........ZERO

Trending Topics

Old 19 June 2003, 10:43 AM
danny-boy
Scooby Regular

i had my piston slap sorted at Vale in Yeovil, they gave me a courtesy car no worries, but it did carry a £1000 excess

Cheers

Dan
Old 19 June 2003, 10:44 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Do you need to take out cover for a test drive?
Old 19 June 2003, 11:02 AM
HELLOM8
Scooby Regular

A lot of garages do this it seems. Just had the 90K service on mine and had to insure the courtesy car, but my insurance company make you insure the car for a week at cost of that car[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img].
Old 19 June 2003, 12:21 PM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

Arrow

All it takes is for one person to smash up a courtesy car and that would make it difficult for the company to get reasonable insurance again. By you paying for the insurance it is you that is carrying the responsiiblty not the company. If you are that worried check your own insurance. Some carry a clause that covers courtesy cars if yours is in for work.

Dave.
Old 19 June 2003, 12:36 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

Never had to pay for a courtesy car (or insure it), in over 9 years of Scooby motoring, at SG Petch (Richmond). Car supplied is usually new (GX, Sport or a Legacy), and sometimes I get the General Manager's WRX.

Cheers
Old 19 June 2003, 01:06 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

whether the car is insured by myself or subaru, my desire to crash/damage any car is still the same
I agree, but if you've seen some of the proud boasts about abuse of loan/hire cars previously you would understand the dealers reservations.

Never been provided with a car by a Ford garage!

A colleague who has repeatedly purchased Renaults from the same garage for years. Filled the latest one with petrol instead of diesel and they couldn't work on it for three days he didn't have to woory about their insurance.

'Cos had to chase around to arrange a hire car, V complicated as he didn't have his licence with him, did the dealer assist? Did they ****.

You had a car but complain about insurance cover. Oh and let me guess bet it didn't come with a full tank of optimax either.

Just check if your glass half empty or half full

Subaru dealers have without exception provided an acceptable solution for me. Loan car, lift to the office or collect and deliver, whatever worked best for us on the day

Old 19 June 2003, 01:07 PM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

its down to the individual dealer and wot they wana do

gavin, another RB5 owner has had 4/5 engines go on him, they have refused to loan him a car each time. the last time they ended up letting him have a 2.5V6 vectra (brand new) as he wouldnt take any more crap off them as none of it was his fault.

Old 19 June 2003, 01:59 PM
vingtsun
Scooby Newbie

Talking

Whenever my car goes in they Showells in Lye, West Midlands lend me a small Daihatsu at no cost on their insurance with nothing to sign...... nice people thay are!
Old 19 June 2003, 08:47 PM
D Hill 555
Scooby Regular

Smile

Beechdale nottm gave me a new corsa no charge! (even for fuel)

cant fault that
Old 19 June 2003, 08:58 PM
markbluemica
Scooby Regular

Yep beechdale derby gave me a new fiesta no charge

Or was it a corsa cant remember now

[Edited by markbluemica - 19/06/2003 20:59:23]
Old 19 June 2003, 09:19 PM
Riftzone
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

my dealer provides subaru (and diahatsu <spit&gt cars insured...

gilesgate ltd of hexham - top dogs...
Old 19 June 2003, 09:28 PM
Fionn Mac Cool
Scooby Regular

car booked for MOT and service next week. courtesy car offered and accepted. Quenbys - Baldock.
Old 19 June 2003, 09:30 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Thumbs down

I will be making a point of using dealers who provide insurance on their courtesy cars so the people I used to go to in Sevenoaks can count my business as lost- if more people voted with their feet and abandoned these people then they might try offering some customer service.
The BMW dealer does not make us provide our own insurance and they sure as hell don't give us a 1.0 supermini. Not impressed at all with the 2 Subaru dealers I've used and I probably won't be buying another due to their appalling service.
Old 19 June 2003, 09:39 PM
micaAB
Scooby Regular

NACRO,

glad you said that, Sevenoaks was gonna be my next dealer to try, have to find somewhere else now - but hopefully i won't have to think about dealers for another 9000 miles.

bit disappointed about being told i need to sort my own insurance, it's not the money, i just don't like dealing with insurance companies.

i say if you're gonna hire a "courtesy" car, it should be the full service.

Old 19 June 2003, 10:32 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
paying for a courtesy car? no chance, Ive had one every time Ive been, a clio, a nice mitsubishi mpv and another I forget - just signed a disclaimer and shown my licence
Old 19 June 2003, 10:34 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

Nacro

Either you need to move Scooby dealers or stay with the BMW. I've had no crap from the Scooby dealer, but my Pal with a 320D Touring, gets a Mini One when he puts his car in for service, and it's so small, he gets cramp! I'd be pissed off to spend £24+K and get a bloody wimpy Mini (and so is he!).

Old 19 June 2003, 10:42 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Oakley at Bedford provide a "convenience car" for which they make a modest charge of £8.00 but you do not AFAIK have to sort out your own insurance, but then they are only 1.0 litre Corsa's so anything over 50mph feels rather scary anyway.

[Edited by Scratch - 19/06/2003 22:43:49]
Old 19 June 2003, 10:46 PM
scoobysug
Scooby Regular

Smile

courtesy car, an impreza of some sort, always available without any fuss for a tenner for insurance (which they sort out) from triangle in chesterfield. great service!
Old 19 June 2003, 10:51 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Thumbs down

I have already stopped using Lancaster Sevenoaks- as well as making you provide your own insurance they also feature some of the highest labour rates going- and they try to hide it on their invoices by not clearly stating the hourly rate and charging for the job. I also have it on good authority that even if they finish well within the time allowed that you will pay for the whole time as specified by IM.
Old 19 June 2003, 11:05 PM
dazman
Scooby Regular

Cool

Took my Scoob in for a service last month and all I got in return was a spanking new 28K Lexus to drive round in for the day.
Sorry, forgot to mention the full tank of petrol.
Old 19 June 2003, 11:25 PM
scoobieblue
Scooby Regular

tileys of bristol let have a wrx
for a £10 a day or a justy for nothing
when they seviced my99 turbo
now i use cvc cardiff
they have always loaned me
something good to drive while
waiting for my 03 sti to arrive
i had a my52wrx for the 1000 mile
service and a legacy while the ppp
was being fitted
never had a problem with them at all
andy
Old 20 June 2003, 12:05 AM
KaraK
Scooby Regular

when I was having some work done on my scoob Wildings of Kendal provided me with a C3 courtesy car. Didn't have to pay anything to anyone. AFAIK it was under their insurance.
Old 20 June 2003, 09:57 AM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Why are you all paying to insure the courtesy cars?
Simply call your insurers and transfer cover from your Scoob to the courtesy car for the period it will be with the garage.
Your car will be covered by the dealers insurance.

This is what's done at Fiskins in Forfar, Shona evens calls the insurers for you.

Not an inconvenience IMO

Paul

Quick Reply: Subaru Servicing - Courtesy Cars