Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2003, 02:09 PM
Tory
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi everyone,i am looking to buy a 03 wrx,sti from the local dealer near me at £24995 it runs at 265bhp i have took it for a drive but cannot seem to change gear very well,do you get use to it? and is this a good model to buy and i have been told to fit the prodrive kit(what is it?)as i want raw power.sorry for so many questions but i am new to this
thanks for any repilys.
Old 24 May 2003, 02:14 PM
Beefy
Scooby Regular

Location: Wagons rolllllll yippee kai ayyy ..errrr ...etc ..etc
The Prodrive Performance Pack (PPP for short) takes the Sti up to 300 BHP and is a dealer approved package so no loss of warranty.

Its worth also considering the standard WRX with PPP fitted which takes it to 265BHP giving you slightly more torque that the standard Sti for "only" £21,595 (for the saloon).

I should also add the gearshift is a bit notchy when the cars cold, it does improve as it warms up (in my experience anyway).

[Edited by Beefy - 5/24/2003 2:17:33 PM]
Old 24 May 2003, 02:18 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

Welcome, I hope you enjoy the car, you lucky so and so, I only have a '98 UK car..................:
I can't comment on the gearchange, but it shouldn't be difficult to change.....it MAY be a bit stiff, but why not find another, at a different dealer, and ask for a test drive there too? It's what I did b4 buying mine, just to be sure? Even worth travelling a few miles too......who knows, you might get a better deal? Trouble is, you might see the STi UK car too:
Prodrive Pack, also known as Prodrive Performance Pack, or PPP on here is the only modification you can have fitted to the car during it's 3 year warranty period without losing the warranty. it gives you about 25bhp more, better torque, and a more driveable car. It costs about £2000 fitted
I'm sure you'll get more replies from people who have it, wait until the evening when this place livens up a bit.
alcazar
Old 24 May 2003, 02:36 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

If you are not use to scoobs they its worth trying a few different ones. Some people prefer the WRX PPP than the STi or STi PPP as the STi has a bit harder ride. Personal I wouldnt consider either car without the PPP.