Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help sourcing parts

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2003, 09:21 PM
jmgelba
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont really know how to say this, but here goes.

Always loved the Scoobys. Ive wanted one since my Cavalier Turbo got spanked several years ago. Finally, after moving to America from Mansfield, NOTTS, i actually got to buy a brand new 3 miles on the clock 2002 WRX. Unfortunatley, it was an estate (my wife would only let me get one if it was an estate - why?? cos the rear seats dont fold down)
The American cars only come with 227hp (from memory 1hp = 1.1bhp), anyway, as the car has only been here for 2 years, performance parts are in their infancy. Id really like to get UK parts on my car. I dont know where to look, i dont know what people recommend anymore. My Cav Turbo was a Brodie Brittan Racing version, and i delt with those guys 99% of the time. I also went to Regal Autosports in Southampton.
I have heard that the intake and exhaust system on a US car is different to JDM, is the JDM and the UK the same or do the Japs get their own unique version?
Well any help would be apprieciated. Memory is fading as too what companies are out there. Id love to import a whole engine transplant with a 6 speed. But as i dont have the funds for that, just parts for now.

Thanks in advance guys. I will post pics of it, and maybe one or two of where i live. Bloody big change from Mansfield!!
Old 19 May 2003, 02:10 AM
Hos
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.i-club.com/ Have a look on here. Most of the users of that site are from America and will be able to pin point you to aftermarket parts near to you.

As for uk third party suppliers and related stuff.
A good source is http://www.sidc.co.uk/links.htm