ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Wowed !!!!! (Ta ABP Motorsport)

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2000, 05:27 PM
ids
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Well just got back from ABP Motorsport, Cheshire. (They really are a real top bunch of fellas who know there stuff) They have replaced my cambelt and reset the suspension to Fast Road (near Prodrive) settings.

Even though it P155ing it down on the way back it has completely transformed the handling. Can't wait till its dry !!! 8)

Count this a recomendation for them though, they really look after you and the guy that runs the place is a Scooby nut. In fact he has a real cool Sti (Loads of HKS kit on it but very tasteful)

Now a bit of dry weather and I can get the new filter and pads in !!!

Ids
Old 14 April 2000, 09:56 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ids,

Can I ask where abouts in Cheshire? I live near Chester and have been considering this for some time and if it does transform the handling, does it neutralise the understeer at all?
Also do you know if it scrubs the tyres excessively?
Thanx in advance

blubs
Old 14 April 2000, 09:58 AM
Gethin
Scooby Regular

Talking

May I ask how much the cambelt change was? I'm coming to yo 30K in the next few months so it would be usefull to know.

Cheers.

Gethin.
MY97 WRX
Old 14 April 2000, 10:28 AM
BHORT
Scooby Regular

Question

Sound exactly what I am lookin for. What tyres and tyre pressures are you using? Did you notice any difference in the amount of tramlining that you have before and after? and what do they charge? I have had a price of £100 + VAT from Powerstation for wheel alignment and to dial out bumpsteer (their words not exactly sure what that means).

Brendan
Old 14 April 2000, 11:45 AM
ids
Scooby Regular

Talking

In turn fellas :

blubs- Shavington, Nr Crewe. I travelled up from Stourbridge, West Mids to go there as there is nowhere round here that can do everything (to a good price !).

Gethin - Belt 82.00 inc VAT - it is an OE type so no worries here. Labour 90.00 - three hour job - not supprised after I saw how long it was and how many things it engages in !

Bshort - Pressures - usual that everyone banters around (oops I need to check them) - They charged 90.00 (3hrs) to allign etc including the rears. I need to go for another blast <gr> and I can let you know more then

Ids
Old 14 April 2000, 01:57 PM
Martinr
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Guys,

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks ABP do a good job!

My STI 2 has been a regular there over the last year or so for various services and upgrades. About £170 for a cambelt is what I paid a few months ago.

Mart.