What I really think of Audi TT drivers

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2003, 04:23 PM
slacker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

What an experience it was driving to work this morning in my STi8 [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Every morning cars nudge forward inch by inch after coming out of the toll booths, where all lanes merge into two for the tunnel crossing.

Anyway there we all were sitting in the slow merging traffic when this Audi TT to my right tries to jam into a non-existing gap between this other car and me. There was absolutely no chance that this was going to happen because I was always in front and edging forward. The TT being completely oblivious as to where I was positioned then moves forward and knocked my driver mirror forward and at the same time managed to push-fold his own passenger mirror. I braked so that this idiot could get by without taking out the front panel at the same time. He then moved forward about two cars-length before stopping.

I glanced at the mirror and didn’t notice any visible signs of damages and I thought you stupid ******* twa…TT! I then swerved my Scooby around the TT and pulled level with him to wag my index finger and shake my head at him in disapproval. I did not want to bring the traffic to a complete halt and so proceeded to drive slowly into and through the tunnel. It was clear in my mind that I was going to pull over after the tunnel to check for damages to my car and the TT and so continued to drive and expected him to follow. Not too long I saw the guy disappearing into a small speck in my mirror and I thought wtf? …but not for too long as he caned it after me before slamming on his anchors and ended up inches from my bumper. At this particular moment I was tempted to pull the handbrake (but thought otherwise). The TT then dropped back after realizing I was not trying to speed away but was driving at no great speed (lets just say it doesn’t look too clever to bomb it down the tunnel for a few hundred yards and then having to brake so hard so that you don’t crash into the guy in front). As we got towards the tunnel exit I put on my hazards expecting to stop at suitable point up front before the road forks. This idiot then undertakes me and cuts into my lane [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] and immediately pulls back into the left lane so he wouldn’t miss his exit by attemping to pull away at the speed of light (attempting is too good a word to use). I almost wet the beautiful new seats in laughter at such a pathetic maneuver because I couldn’t make out what he was trying to do? Maybe he was trying to flip his car??

I’m just wondering if this idiot has realized it was his fault???

Sharing my experience here makes me feel good to know that although the power of the car was there at my disposal, I was big enough to let the idiot go

At the end of the day I’m just very thankful there weren’t any scratches and even more thankful that the mirror didn’t snap off...I live and have learned!!!
Old 13 May 2003, 04:29 PM
john coffey
Scooby Regular

I don't know how you kept your patience mate, on a bike I am very calm but when driving a car I am very highly strung and would have probably given chase.
Did you see the recent TT driver thread?

Old 13 May 2003, 04:32 PM
Nick1
Scooby Regular

Red face

What a complete a** . Probably thought becasue he has a German car you should let him in. Maybe with a little luck his mirror is in a worse state and costs him

I would probably have stopped him in the tunnel and nutted him one becuse I can't control my temper with things like that...

Fu**ing TT drivers just because you cant beat a scooby there is no need to try and push in front

Old 13 May 2003, 04:36 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Let them try and push in front of me, I don't give 2 hoots about damage to my Impreza as I will make sure its the other guys fault and he will be paying.

Most TT's are probably worth double my old nail so let em try it and see who chickens out first. I also always sound my horn (uprgraded so its scares the hell out of me never mind the other driver) if I think there is going to be a collision.
Old 13 May 2003, 04:43 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

u should have just got out and hit him
works every time
Old 13 May 2003, 04:48 PM
Nick1
Scooby Regular

Cool

I also always sound my horn (uprgraded so its scares the hell out of me never mind the other driver)
PMSL

Old 13 May 2003, 04:58 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

just FYI...

Trending Topics

Old 13 May 2003, 05:17 PM
Dazzler
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think it was in a CAR mag comparison between the two cars (TT and MY00) a while back that summed it up quite succinctly :-

"The Clever One versus the Pretty One"

The piece ended with the Subaru coming out on top of course, but did praise the TT too.

Basically, TT's are good for posing in traffic jams, admittedly along with plenty of others. When it comes to driving, they really need showing the way by us effectively!

Old 13 May 2003, 05:38 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

This kind of thing is'nt limited to TT drivers, but drivers of any sort of car. I know TT baiting is flavour of the week but it's the twit behind the wheel more than the car. By the sounds of it, this twit won't have his car very long.
Old 13 May 2003, 05:44 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Angry

if someone had have done that to me scoob, in particular a TT driver (because they p!ss me off) i'd have gone ape ****!! don't know how you kept yourself calm m8.

gav..
Old 13 May 2003, 05:48 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Wink

His BMW must have been in for a service or a repair and the TT was a loan car .

Regards,

tiggers.
Old 13 May 2003, 08:19 PM
prodrive1
Scooby Regular

Wink

always looked like a gay man's car.
Old 13 May 2003, 08:24 PM
Flat 4x4
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

LOL @ Tiggers !

Imagine what its like for me now that I'm annoying Beemers in a Skoda. They really really don't like that, but do I care ?
Old 13 May 2003, 08:27 PM
KaraK
Scooby Regular

man .... what a moron,

judst to prove that its not just TT drivers tho I had a little near miss with an Avensis earlier today, I was driving along and wanting to turn right. I had indicated in plenty of time and as this was a built up area an traffic was modest I was doing i dunno.. must have been the heady speeds of up to 10 mph. At end of the orad that I was wanting to turn into was an Avensis that was wanting to turn right onto the road I was coming from. So as I turn the Avensis guy looks straight at me and just starts pulling out, how the **** he didn't hit me I don't know - he must have got within about 5cm of my car!

w**ker!!!
Old 13 May 2003, 09:22 PM
MoSizlak
Scooby Regular

Alright chiefs!! I've been a company car driver for 7 years now and you just get used to this stuff the more it happens. its best to just take in on the chin and not get wound up. don't get out the car cos you can be arrested and if someone abuses you just laugh,shrug your shoulders and carry on till the next fool comes along. oh and carry a bat and ball just in case.
Old 13 May 2003, 09:25 PM
MickyC
Scooby Regular

I could not have handled that!

I would have simply got out and twxtted the fxckin dxck!

Say it as it is!

Micky

Old 13 May 2003, 09:36 PM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
if you see him there every day, how about a group scooby meeting
Old 13 May 2003, 10:32 PM
SNAP
Scooby Regular

Firstly, I agree with most of you that its not just TT drivers with this behaviour pattern - it's definetly the driver rather then the car they drive.

Similar thing happened to me a few weeks back on the M3. "Accident/Lane closed" sign for the ouside lane, most drivers pull in at a sensible distance before the accident site. About 25mtrs from the site, I spot the TT storming down the, empty, ouside lane and of course just happens to pull in next to me. I have, by now, no way of letting him in as the traffic in front is stationary but this matters nothing to him and proceeds with the "I will take your wing mirror off if you don't give way, like, pal". Fortunately for him, he is quickly alleviated from his predicament by the very friendly traffic constable on the scene, which in all the excitement, he so miserably failed to notice. He was pulled over and no doubt had the whole book thrown at him, even though guilty of only parts of it.

Old 14 May 2003, 12:38 PM
jazzymanraz
Scooby Newbie

Angry

moo

[Edited by jazzymanraz - 5/14/2003 12:46:13 PM]
Old 14 May 2003, 01:05 PM
Derek FKS 85
Scooby Regular

To me the TT is nothing but a gay icon now. It's just a thinly disguised golf, Beetle, Ibeza, Leon and no doubt several other over priced and over rated cars.
They are bringing out a 2WD version too now! The GT. Gay Transport.
Old 14 May 2003, 01:09 PM
N1 SPAN
Scooby Regular

Got a good one for you. I was riding back from work last night and a a guy had taken the wrong turning off a roundabout, instead of carrying on up the road to turn around he decided to reverse back to the roundabout and proceed to do a 3 point turn on the roundabout exit!!!!!!!! I was coming round with a fair old tilt on and spotted the bu**er right across my exit lane!!!!! Horn going etc, he just had no idea what was going on. I thought about this for the remainder of my journey and thought that some ar**hole like that could be the end of me. Why can't we have compulsory driving tests every few years to get Monkeys like these off our roads so the rest of us can actually get home from work safely.

Rant over..
Old 14 May 2003, 01:48 PM
Rottie1
Scooby Regular

I am very dissapointed with the blinkered replys to this post. I used to own a modded uk Turbo up untill October last year. I sold it for a new TT.

The roads are full of a**holes all trying to kill us, and it tends to be the ones who are not fanatical about there car ownership and who do not belong to an owners club or a BBS who are the worst as a car is a car, for them and not a hobby/ pride and joy.

Lets not stereotype the cars for what the drivers do!!!!!.

I paid 28k for my TT and still miss my Scoob, and still get excited when i see a nice sccob on the road.

I see far more scary driving by scoob owners (admittedly not the ones who use this bbs probably) than i do see in TT owners, and (flame suit on) i see more people who are slowly bringing down the scoobs image by being idiots at car parks, events etc, tho they tend to be older classic cars rather than mint cars as owned by you guys.

Just my 2p worth

roTTie2
TT owner and car nut who still loves scoobs and is not Gay.
Old 14 May 2003, 02:00 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Never a truer word spoken rottie, the car really has nothing to do with the driver.

Still we all tend to stereotype, it's human nature

Impreza- baseball cap wearer recently upgraded from Nova

TT- Hairdresser or gay boy

BMW- junior exec with attitude problem

large 4X4- idiotic school run mum with 0 driving skill and a n attitude problem

Vectra- someone who wishes their company car scheme was less restricitve

The list just goes on and on!

It's wrong I know but ask yourself the question- Do I tend to stereotype people? The answer will be yes in most cases.
Old 14 May 2003, 02:55 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Wink

Not only are TT's more common than Impreza's now, I see far more bad driving and "BMW" mentality from the TT owners than scoob drivers.

I drive neither so not on either side.

Just wish TT drivers knew where the left hand lane was

[Edited by ScoobyJawa - 5/14/2003 2:55:29 PM]
Old 14 May 2003, 03:44 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

N1 SPAN

I don't think compulsory driving tests would work or is necessarily the answer. These people would probably be perfectly capable of passing a driving test and then trying to get away with precisely the same kind of manouevre the next time they made a mistake.

Now if you had a camera in your car so you could i) get the numberplate and ii) report them, then the police may be able to find time in their busy schedule to at least give the miscreant a good talking to.

Vindaloo.
Old 14 May 2003, 04:24 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

Oi you lot, easy on the BMW comments....

that includes you tiggers!!! LOL.

BB

ps. you should have dragged the hairdresser **** out of his birds car and given him a good slapping.
Old 14 May 2003, 04:40 PM
Pogue
Scooby Regular

I see far far far more TT's than scoobs. Everyones got one.
Old 14 May 2003, 04:45 PM
Nick200
Scooby Regular

Angry

Tend to be the older classics rather than the mint ones????????
Old 14 May 2003, 04:56 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Cool

ps. you should have dragged the hairdresser **** out of his birds car and given him a good slapping.
Old 15 May 2003, 09:39 AM
Rottie1
Scooby Regular

Nick 200

Probably didnt explain myself very well on that one. I mean as older scoobs prices drop they fall in to the hands of people who are not scoob enthusiasts, dont look after them very well and ramp the sh*t out of them round town, rather than pamper their cars. Just like what happened to cossies.

Im still not explaining this very well!!

Quick Reply: What I really think of Audi TT drivers