Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

European insurance cover?

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2003, 02:03 AM
Sicey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that time of the year has come again to bring my VX out to Frankfurt for the summer, I had already used over 2 months of my green card allowance last year so when I asked for a green card for the last 6 weeks of my policy term they said I only had 2 weeks available
I did not know if they would suss it out but they did, it left me in a dilemma as the car is defo coming out to DE next week, I didn't really want to cancel my policy(not that I need the NCB as I have full NCB anyway) as it is so close to the end of the term anyway.
So I decided to split my 14 days full cover accross a Basel trip next week and an Issoire trip in June, that just leaves about 4 weeks of which I am only covered TP only on standard cover, its a little risky if I prang the car myself but I thought I will only use it when the weathers good and if I am working nightshift I will take the scoob, so that may eliminate 50% of the remaining 4 weeks.

So what I am getting at is -

Does anyone know an insurance co that does more than 3 months green card cover in a 12 month policy or if there are any companies that can cover you for a full 12 months abroad?
The only way I see of getting round this is by cancelling a policy midflight and starting a new

Any comments would be appreciated.

John.