Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well p***ed off!

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2003, 05:29 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could try and get one from a breakers, quite a few about I am sure someone has some websites, emails, phone numbers etc.

Some one sent me this a while back. They are NOT subaru dealers and I have never used them but seem to have plenty of bits in.

I am always happy to try and help a fellow stokie .

http://www.glenburgie-subaru.co.uk/parts.htm

[Edited by chrisp - 5/3/2003 5:32:04 PM]
Old 02 May 2003, 09:42 PM
Oatcake
Scooby Regular

Two weeks ago i thought it would be a good idea to take the car off the road to get the front bumper sprayed as it was covered in stone chips, only take a couple of days, not alot can go wrong, OOPS!

first thing to go wrong- dropped the ns headlight, how many pieces did it break into!

second thing to go wrong- gave the bumper to a local paintshop, asked them to descreetly put mess behind the bumper (dont fancy £250 if some stray object puts a hole in the radiator). went to pick up the bumper today. was i pleased with the results- i dont think so! the bumper paint job looks terrible (runs, scratches etc) and the mess looks like it was put on by a three yer old and a blind one at that! also the spray shop broke my grille that i asked to have painted!

So two weeks later i still need my bumper sprayed, need to find a new grille & im driving round in the other halfs AX - nice!

So
Old 02 May 2003, 10:25 PM
Leviathan
Scooby Regular

None of this will help ya m8 but i can appreciate how ya feel, they sound like a rite useless bunch of to$$ers. Id kick up fkcu if i were you. Someone caught my front bumper bought a year back and i took the whole car to a Honda dealership near me, they sprayed the complete front bumper, fantastic job and charged me just over 200 notes which i thought was ok, dont mind if its done rite.
Old 02 May 2003, 10:30 PM
McScooby
Scooby Regular

which bodyshop did you go to duck? I was thinking of having a few scratches removed and will steer clear
Old 02 May 2003, 11:21 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Did you pay up then? I would hope not! In fact they owe you a new grille, right?

Old 03 May 2003, 08:20 AM
kevin stanton
Scooby Regular

name and shame them
Old 03 May 2003, 08:37 AM
spanner75
Scooby Regular

morning mate
just got my scooby back after a tosser in a skip lorry hit me near side
£2,500 to repair , took the car to my subaru dealer and they swore blind the un damaged side had been resprayed .
this top job was done by sutton car repairs , they also did most of the other damage on my car as well , gave the car back very clean and very well polished sutton is only 40 miles from you in s-o-t ( drive to hanley most days)well worth a visit.were going to charge me £100 for a total bonnet respray before the bump
if you want their number let me know
Old 03 May 2003, 04:55 PM
Oatcake
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the kind words lads.

The thing is the said paint shop is owned by my next door neighbour, a so called mate, for the last 5 years. I've been to his workplace loads of times and seen his work, which is normally top-notch. He's offered me a free respray, but as far as im concerned if he couldnt be arsed to do it right first time, he aint getting another chance.

I always used somewhere else before and they were very good but i thought i would be neighbourly! never again.

Worried about how much a new grill is going to cost as most things from subaru are normally costly, never forget asking my local dealer to get me the two small metal brackets that hold the roof spoiler on (wagon) and was quoted £48! ended up rubbing them down and giving them a coat of hamerite.
Old 03 May 2003, 06:40 PM
Oatcake
Scooby Regular

Thanks chrisp,

I'll give em a try on tues.

Nick