ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Wingding in my new STi8

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2003, 11:58 AM
MrShades
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Nope - not the Windows font - Parked in a busy carpark last week, and lo and behold - very small ding in front wing has appeared (only noticed a while afterwards)...

Slightly annoyed, as I've only had the car for about 3 weeks and other than that it's perfect.

So - rang around a few of the Dent Master, Wizard, 's Away, type places.... All very very busy, and if anyone has lost a job recently and wants to make some serious money then this seems to be a good place to start looking!!!! Sod plumbing.....

Serious money - as the prices charged can be quite scarey. My dent is slight and small, about 1cm long and only noticeable in the light. Invisible in the wet. 45+VAT was the cheapest quote, ranging to Dent Wizard (ex Master) at a laughable 90 quid or something (so stupid I didn't bother writing it down!)

BUT... (glowing recommendation follows)...

Dings & Dents - www.dingsanddents.net

I spoke to Neil (07970 007225), who was passing through Gloucester at the time...

... talked him in to my place, he left the engine running as he was in a hurry - jumped out with toolkit, looked at dent, quoted me a very sensible price, opened toolkit, remedied dent - said "You won't get better than that", accepted cash and drove off.

Start to finish - if he was around for more than 3 minutes, including chat, I'd be surprised. As I said, engine running all the time

End result - Fan-bloody-tastic. I knew where the dent was, and now cannot see a single sign of it. It's absolutely perfect.

If you're in the south-west, and need a ding or two removing - contact these guys. Neil Carroll is the man - very experienced, very fast, and very cost effective.....

I'm not connected with them in any way, other than as a very satisified customer.

Shades

(Happy, with perfect STi again now)

Old 01 May 2003, 12:00 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Soft wings Mate - had a couple of these on my MY02..... Dent Wizard always to the rescue.
Old 01 May 2003, 12:03 PM
MrShades
Scooby Regular

Yeah, thinking perhaps I should have opened an account with the guy...

Anyway - have his number to hand, and will certainly use again if I get any more.

Vowed never to take it to a packed carpark - and paid the price. The Citroen diesel heap (with more dents than anyone could afford to fix) will get the privilege from now on....