URGENT…your help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2003, 06:19 PM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

The story begins like this:
Before two weeks I ordered a set of 17” OZ SuperT (yes superturismos) from www.motionstyling.co.uk and as they told me it was their last set, we all know the production of this wheel stopped before one year.
I have contacted them via e-mail and I always "speak" with Maj (is this English name - if that counts?).
This guy called Maj in order to proceed my request asked me to send him the money with bank transfer as they don’t accept VISA cards for overseas orders, although in their site they mention the opposite.
I did the bank transfer and he promised that next day he will send me the wheels.
Unfortunately next day when he prepared the transportation he found “accidentally” a flat spot in one of the wheels and was impossible to send it as it doesn’t balance.
All right until this, he always answered my e-mails (with a new mail and not by replying next to mine, why?) he was very helpful etc and he suggested me a set of 17” Superleggeras for replacement that I didn’t want in every case.
After that (before ten days) and according to their “terms and conditions for orders” I asked him to send me back the money as it was their fault not mine. Still waiting for an answer! I have sent more than five mails with no luck and it’s clear for me now that he wants to deceive me and rip the money!
Is the first time that happens something like this to me, I have dealt in the past with many companies and individuals in UK and around the world and even when they had problems with delivery etc they were always trustful.
As it starts to annoy me and have paid more than 1000GBP I beg you to help me!
Has anybody had similar problems with this company or knows if they keep working or have closed their shop?
Is there any organization to ask about my case or to denounce and if yes how can they help me – what should I do?
I have kept all the e-mails and the proof of bank transfer, their bank is Natwest in Bradford, should I complaint to the bank about the above or lose my time?
Finally for all of you with companies that sell parts in this Subaru community what is your advice?
Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any help.
JIM

PS: In case someone wants to help me I can send him all the proofs for the written above.
Old 22 April 2003, 06:57 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jim, suggest you telephone them. Sounds like the guy isn't very good with a computer from the way he replies to your emails. Email accounts can go funny or the guy that deals with it could be away. Give them a telephone call.
Old 22 April 2003, 07:22 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

THats what i was going to say, try and call him.

WIth some accounts, when you reply to an email, it always sends a new email and never has your original email on it! Same with AOL. When i email TSL, Paul always gets back to me on a new mail. He doesnt mean to, its just some interner accounts do this.

Try and call him mate. I dont know how long this has been going on but they have probably been off for Easter and have a back log of emails. Or maybe he is away on holiday??

Have a check with their website. Maybe you oculd fax them something?
Old 23 April 2003, 05:29 AM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Ok I'll call them today and have sent them twice a fax this morning with the hope they are in vacations thus they haven't read my e-mails!
Otherwise, am I suspicious or they want to deceive me?
Does anyone knows this shop or he is living close to them and could help me (they are based in Bradford-West Yorkshire)?
JIM
Old 23 April 2003, 08:40 PM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Call them twice today and they told me that Maj was out for external jobs!
Forgot to thank you John and "Money"!
Nobody else out there that could help me?
JIM
Old 23 April 2003, 09:23 PM
Leviathan
Scooby Regular

sounds like a case for trading standards to me m8, see if they would have a chat with them?
Old 23 April 2003, 09:25 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Jim, cant anyone else help you there? Maj may be out but someone else must be able to help you? Tell them the problems and tell them you might have to call Trading Standards as they arent helping you!

Trending Topics

Old 23 April 2003, 09:46 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

If you email them again, click the button that sends you an email back when they read your email....there's probably a name for it but I can't remember it!

Good luck