Sponsored by:

Help with dump valves!!??

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2003, 08:08 PM
ScrappyDoo2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Okay, now I know from searching the threads that this is a common topic but I still can't seem to get an answer to settle on.

I have an 02 WRX which is going for the Tek2 with decat at PE on Weds. I had bought a forge VTA DV a few weeks back and have been running it fine since. However I have recently been told conflicting information as to whether a VTA is better than a recirc. I understand that a VTA causes momentary overfueling as the ECU accounts for the air that should be returned to the inlet and this can cause a few pops and bangs. Therefore on a technical level the recirc should be better. I also noticed that Merv at PE has the standard recirc on his WRX which is around the 300BHP mark I think. As does Graham at TSL on his Motec'd WRX. These guys know a thing or two about making scoobs go faster and therefore in terms of outright performance over nice noises the recirc must have an edge or else they would have changed such a relatively cheap part??

I swapped my forge back to the factory DV this morning and went for a drive it seemed to hold boost well according to my SECS but I seem to think that response when changing gear was perhaps quicker to pick up again with the forge or maybe I'm imagining it??

On another note, I noticed that when I had both off you couldn't really push the recirc piston up with your thumb whereas you could on the forge, would that mean that under boost load the forge may be prone to leaking a bit of boost out?

Help any tech-heads out there who can sort this out once and for all. I'd like an answer before weds please so I can take the car to PE to be mapped in the correct state???

Cheers
Greg