Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Subaru Proven Warranty - Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2003, 03:07 PM
goonasuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have the warranty with my car and was wondering what people think of the cover.. it appears that modifications are not covered (as expected) but for example if i change brakes etc (i.e. non Pro Drive) and something goes wrong could the excuse "brakes have caused this" be used....

And I notice that "General Oil leaks" are not covered WTF?????

And Hoses - so for example Hose goes bang engine overheats and dies what then, am I covered for a new engine, as the hose would have caused this (which is not covered)??

Experiences of this warranty please - I'm beginning to wonder if it is worth it??
Old 14 April 2003, 05:32 PM
turbo bob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

i bought an my96 uk turbo from nobles and it came with 1 year subaru proven warranty, within the first month a coil pack failed they checked it out and said it wasnt covered, i phoned town and county in perth and they said it was, they fitted a new one and that was the end of that.

just recently the radiator started to leak which was down to corrosion so wouldnt be covered but thought id chance it anyway, so took it to nobles and unbelievebly they replaced it under warranty!!!

then about a month ago the clutch went so i replaced it with an ap racing organic item which i was sure would void warranty for the transmission,and sure enough the gearbox spilled its guts(just last friday)so i took it to nobles again and told them the story and they had a look at it,i told them that it had a racing clutch and they said that it didnt affect the warranty but they said that the oil in the box(comma synth 75/90) was the wrong oil and was not what subaru recomended in thier technical bulliten so it wasnt covered,they told me it had ran a bearing when in fact the bearings were in peices.

so basicaly i think its down to the dealers if they can be arsed sorting out the paperwork. good luck

bob