Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

advice on buying 93 wrx

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2003, 07:27 PM
shawn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm considering buying a 93 L reg impreza wrx.
what should i be checking for apart from the obvious like oil in the the water and vica verca and smoke from the exhaust when started up, are there any problems with these cars which i be should looking for.
i know there is a slight noise coming from the gear stick area, which sounds like a sort of whistling sound, it goes through the gears fine with out any problems, so i'm guessing theres a worn bearing in there.
any response will gratefully be accepted.
Old 31 March 2003, 07:41 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

check out SIDC faq for good info about the various models & potential problems
generally yes the standard checks & a decent history will show most piles of poop 1 wood hope
Personally i wood also check where the bite point is on cluth as well as if it's very near the top then it's a good sign of clutch on last legs as well as revs going up when speed doesn't slipping thing... (yes i found out clutches r expensive lately although not a freshly purchased car )
2b honest unless it's rediculously cheap then if u aint happy walk away it truely is a buyers market now so unless it's a rare model like a type R or 22b then there will b plenty of decent examples out there
Si
Old 31 March 2003, 11:22 PM
bonesey
Scooby Regular

Smile

Clutch will no doubt need a flywheel as well, and yes it's dear to have it done properly, much better off having an aftermarket unit done as well, standard subaru stuff is ****e-trust me!
Tyres are expensive, and you'll soon get bored of standard 15" alloys, so get a decent set of 2nd hand 16" (at least) with good tyres off scoobynet for £200ish, or a motor with 16/17's on.
Cambelt??
Good luck.
Old 01 April 2003, 12:19 AM
highlander
Scooby Regular

would suggest that you want to see bills for what has been spent on the car - will give you an idea of how well the car has been cared for.

am told there is loads of cars on the market - so don't buy the first one you see - personally I would be more interested in condition, what has been spent on the car etc, rather than mileage especially at that age.

Check the condition of the drivers seat - good indicator of true mileage!!! crumbling foam under the drivers seat indicates seat is disintegrating inside!!!