Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Camcorders and Trackdays

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2000, 08:38 PM
dumpsonscoobs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know its a Scooby site but I'm sure that you are well placed to help with this one:
I'm putting my car on the track in the near future and want some ideas for setting up a camcorder. Its not the latest thing in technology so is is quite bulky and its not mine so I am not allowed to break it.
I want to catch as much action as possible as there should be some good cars (apart from one seriously slow, stripped out S2 turbo )
and it is all my friends taking part so it would be a good laugh to watch.
I've got a saph cos and want to know the best place to mount it. I want it fixed so that you can tell the movements of the actual car easily. And I dont want anything perminent.
Thanks for any ideas
Martin
Wouldn't mind some funny stories that other people have had when filming trackdays!
Old 13 March 2000, 08:45 PM
Stupot
Scooby Regular

You could try hanging it from the Rearview mirror and hope the fluffy dice dont cover the lens
Stu
Old 13 March 2000, 08:45 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Hmm, you could try a tripod strapped in the back, looking between the 2 front seats, if that makes sense, a couple of our guys have done that and it works well, make sure its mounted fairly solidly though or it will move around too much and will get annoying when it keeps hitting you on the back of the head I have seen a few using lots of bungy chords and they are really solid.
Old 13 March 2000, 09:34 PM
TFyus
Scooby Regular

after the first lap i expect u to be so far behind the pack that there will be little to video. The last site u will see will be a grey rust bucket flaming out into the distance.

Bye bye cossie boy ...hahaha

ill hold the video camera in your car if im not lapping in mine! as i wont spend all the hours lapping in mine its a sure way to maul it!

You know who!

Steven
Old 14 March 2000, 10:02 AM
Gethin
Scooby Regular

Talking

There is a special pod you can purchase which has a strong vacuum sucker on it .You stick the thing on the inside of the glass on the passenger side. I have used one in the past and gives rock steady pictures.

I'm not sure who made it, I think it was Hanna (cheap) or Manfrotto (expensive)??

Check out