Sponsored by:

Worst driving I've ever seen.

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2003, 11:01 PM
Blobster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Picture the scene. A sunny, clear Sunday afternoon. I'm driving over the Woodhead pass (between Manchester and Sheffield for those that don't know). Kids on board and brother in the passenger seat. I'm pottering, not in the mood for a rush, but behind me there's a white van (isn't it always?). In fact he's so close I can't even see his number plate. Still I'm relaxed and concious of the fact my immediate close family are with me. Anyhow after a couple of miles we approach a long left hand bend and I'm behind at least 4 other cars. The van pulls out and attempts to overtake - not able to see what's coming. He's along side me when I see the bike coming the other way. I brake hard to make space for this numpty to pull in but no, he carries on to overtake the next car. Bike swerves to avoid him but now there's a car coming the opposite way. Does the van pull in? Of course not. Oncoming car has to brake and swerve out of the way! But wait there's more. It's a mile further down the road and I'm two cars behind him and there are double white lines. It's a 40 limit but again the van driver pulls out to overtake and again it's around a blind left hand bend. This time however as he's overtaking there's a speed camera. Please, please let him have been flashed. We catch up with him again later as he's turning off the road at a right junction and give him the appropriate hand signals (you know the one - Gareth Hunt, Nescafe finest coffee beans). Just makes you think, no matter how well behaved you're driving you might meet some first class t*sser coming the other way.
Don't mean to be maudlin and apologise for long post, but makes you wonder how some people get licences?
Old 25 March 2003, 11:11 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
These are the sort of drivers police should be pulling up, not people with incorrectly spaced number plates by mm. But their always around when you don't want them and never there when you do, Catch 22.
Old 26 March 2003, 08:44 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Did you not get his numberplate and report him to the Police?

Matt
Old 26 March 2003, 08:49 AM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

not people with incorrectly spaced number plates by mm
pmsl touchy are we

I never understand why people do these sort of things they must be either completely pissed or deranged. wonder is theres a www.whitevanman.com with a Was it you section
Old 26 March 2003, 08:52 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
you know the one - Gareth Hunt, Nescafe finest coffee beans
Class