Help me out here!

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2003, 12:32 AM
Mr E
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

hiya all,

i'll try and make this conversation short as poss, basically i wanna buy scooby, one of my m8's is telling my missus that there to expensive to run and up keep. he said they get crap fuel consumption parts cost a fortune. and i should in a round about way not bother getting one.

top and bottom of it is, i drove his about 2 years ago, and after about 30 secs, after i had went through 3 gears and a serious amount of turbo boost , i just had to have one.

please reply with all the good things about scooby, keep quiet about that fact there fast as F*%K!, hehe

Regards

Roland
Old 20 March 2003, 01:02 AM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

A good introduction to the world of Scoobies can be found at http://www.sidc.co.uk/faq.htm.

As well as being a nice car, Scooby drivers tend to be a pretty friendly bunch, with informal meets, camping trips, track days and even trips to the Isle of Man

If you spot a meet nearby (see the Events section), and you haven't got one yet, come along anyway and say hello - and find out first hand what being a Scooby owner is all about

mb
Old 20 March 2003, 01:29 AM
Mr E
Scooby Newbie

thanks alot for the info

Regards

Roland
Old 20 March 2003, 10:13 AM
Wannabe
Scooby Regular

Yes the fuel isnt the best but the amount of fun you have driving the car totaly over rules the fuel consumption.
you can get some aftermarket parts at reasonable prices and theres always someone selling parts on here from there own cars or crashed cars so you can always get them some way or another so dont wory about that, i love my scooby so much that when im finished with this one, ill get another.so go on treat yourself

Sy
Old 20 March 2003, 10:19 AM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

First thibg you want to do is ditch your mate. He`s no mate if he`s blabbing to your missus.

Old 20 March 2003, 07:09 PM
Mr E
Scooby Newbie

Talking

i will ditch him ,

cheers for info guys. catch you all l8r

Regards
Old 20 March 2003, 07:52 PM
Scooby New
Scooby Regular

Wink

Well said Walwal!!!!

Ditch the mate AND the missus - you'll be much happier with the Scoob (costs less to run, you'll WANT to take it out, you won't mind everyone admiring it, it'll very rarely complain etc etc).

Seriously though, there's no words to describe the feeling you get from owning a Scoob. I wanted one for years and I never expected to get as much pleasure from it as I do. I have discovered a direct link between my right foot and the muscles around my mouth - as the right foot goes down, the corners of my mouth go up!!!

Go on, you KNOW you want to