Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Praise for the insurance company....

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2003, 01:55 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Moderators please don't move this straight away to the insurance section as I would like as many owners as possible to see this.

Had my pride and joy violated yesterday by some "misguided youths" no doubt.

Passenger window smashed, contents of all compartments emptied, nothing taken. I'm assuming it was attempted stereo theft (?) and when they couldn't find the removable front (do people really leave them in the car?) they didn't bother ripping the body out of the dash.

Damage - I new passenger front door window, and scratches on the doors and roof (how hard did they hit it ?)

Anyway, after being extremely p***ed off about it all, I had a little read of my insurance policy this morning.

Section 8 : Glass cover, includes replacement of windscreen, sunroof or other windows, and any damage directly resulting from the broken glass......What a result.

Called them - new glass being fitted this evening, car going to scooby dealer tomorrow for repair assessment on the paintwork.

I am pleased..... you bet - Oh, and also as it's a glass claim, it doesn't count as a full claim so doesn't affect my no claims.

Anyway, can't sing the praises of Norwich Union Direct enough (will keep you informed as this claim progresses).

Twice now I've been a victim (one shunt from the back while I was stationery ) then this, and both times they have been fantastic, friendly and helpful, and didn't waste time arguing the over the cost (or they didn't last time - hope it will be the same this time too).

Anyway I thought I'd let you know - oh yes, they were as cheap as Tesco's for the premium as well.

Edited to remove some typo's

[Edited by Scratch - 3/17/2003 4:08:32 PM]