Sponsored by:

another nearly stolen impreza

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2003, 06:19 AM
myp1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

last day of my holiday rcvd a phone call that some low life have broken into my house ransacked it and tried to steal my p1.just a thought to u all it can happen to u i never thought it would to me.now having to change all house locks car locks and alarm as they tried to steal car and now have my keys.dont get complacent guys these fu----s did this in daylight.decided now to sell car.if there is one piece of advice i can give it is dont rely on ur cat 1 and tracker as if i had my car wld be gone by now
Old 12 March 2003, 06:24 AM
velohead66
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

one piece of advice i can give it is dont rely on ur cat 1 and tracker as if i had my car wld be gone by now
Bad News As Ever.
Been there but not half as bad !!
[Not a P! either !!]

Care to elaborate on the above quote ??
Old 12 March 2003, 06:41 AM
myp1
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

all i can say is look at the situ..if they get ur keys they disarm the alarm and drive off the tracker unit wont activate because it thinks u are in the car..u need several different systems i know it sounds like overkill but i got complacent and nearly lost mine
Old 12 March 2003, 08:37 AM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

dont u have a total shutdown imobiliser on ur alarm?

i can key in a code that renders the keyfob useless until the correct code is keyed back in again.

its the standard alarm on the RB5.

i do this whenever the car is left for more then a couple of days and over the weekends as i dont use it

its disgusting that we have to feel so unsafe in our own homes and have to sell our cars cos of these f****s

its a shame the police spend so much money on the nicking motorist s (speed traps/cameras etc) when they should be concentratin on the people nickin our cars
Old 12 March 2003, 08:38 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

My tracker will arm even with keys

Blackjaxx is on my "to do" list tho..

Andy
Old 12 March 2003, 08:49 AM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

If they want the car, they will take it! Its a joke.......
Old 12 March 2003, 09:00 AM
AliWrx Mk2
Scooby Regular

Rb5
You are right the P1 does have a total shut down alarm which renders it useless even with the keys.
Ali

Trending Topics

Old 12 March 2003, 09:10 AM
SU3ARU
Scooby Regular

Angry

myp1

Bad news, sorry to hear that you are going to get rid of it as a result. Makes me sick that because of a minority of idiots, people cannot enjoy what they want in life.

Does anyone know if the STi8 standard alarm also has the total shutdown feature?

Peter
Old 12 March 2003, 10:51 AM
barrybudden
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Some poor sod in Belfast the other night is critical in hospital, 4 thugs broke in and beat him with a HAMMER while he was in bed and tried to steal his 12 year old car. The neighbours saw them so one lad got the same with the hammer. They stole another car and the police have now charged one man with attempted murder and a few othr things, and 3 other men are in custody.

Sad place to live.
Old 12 March 2003, 11:29 AM
banshi
Scooby Regular

my

Just a thought before you ditch the car, did anything else go?

i.e. was the car the target or were they "doing" the house and just grabbing the opportunity to nick the car?

Been there, sadly on more than one occasion, and it is a disaster.

Years later there's a great sense of relief to get home and find eveythings OK. Still subconciously check the garage locks and look through the window to see if the stero & TV are still there

Old 12 March 2003, 11:44 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

A relative of mine is a prison officer and he reckoned that the lads on his wings said that the thing they hate most is a home-made hidden switch because you don't know they're there and the last thing you want to do is spend half an hour tracing wires back.
Old 12 March 2003, 12:23 PM
Tony_W
Scooby Regular

I once fitted a hidden switch to my brothers Astra.

He used to park on a hill, next to his house. It was broken into and rolled down the hill where the thieves tried to start it..it wouldn't. Apparently someone drove by it in the early hours, with a "mechanic looking puzzled under the bonnet!!" The car was still there in the morning, so these hidden switches do work
Old 12 March 2003, 01:25 PM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

myp1,

I'm really sorry to hear about this mate.... I know what you're going through. I recently got rid of my scooby because I wasn't prepared to take the risk anymore.
As mentioned before, you can have all the security in the world, but if they want it they will find a way to get it. In my case I was ambushed when I returned to my car in a supermarket carpark!!
Luckily I had locked my doors (part of my routine) and this gave me chance enough to slam it in reverse and tear out of there, nearly killing a couple of them.
I my case I'm convinced they waited for me to turn all the security off before they made their move. They looked really shocked when they found the doors locked.
I hope you get over the trauma you're going through soon.

Mojo
Old 12 March 2003, 01:34 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Unhappy

Sorry to hear yet another story but I'd say its not just top motors they want. A Nissan Primera was stolen at knife point in broad daylight the other day around my way, so what car will you be safe with?

F
Old 12 March 2003, 01:46 PM
GuyM
Scooby Regular

Unlucky. Exactly the same happened to me, only the ***** suceeded in writing my car off after a quick shot around the block. One question, why didnt your house alarm kick in?? People think they are a waste of money, but from my experience, id advise everyone to get one. Now Ive got sound bombs, microwave, infared and vibration sensors everywhere. Come on, for a few hundred quid you cant really go wrong.
Old 12 March 2003, 01:52 PM
Stage3_gra
Scooby Newbie

I am amazed really,

My thoughts go out to you all who have had this happen or have had this attempted.
My cossie is 10yrs old, and have to say whilst it doesnt cost as much as a new P1 this type of thing is a fear especially when i have my 1yr old in the car, as the cossie, whilst i agree isnt everyones cup of tea, it attracts a lot of attention, Black car white 17's etc etc.

But to be perfectly honest if they want the car and there is more than one of em , my car aint worth my life, so they car have it.
A friends mate had his Evo nicked, whilst on his hols, broke in took the keys and stole the evo, one of only 35 made apperantly

it is a shame your thinking of selling though, due to some mindless idiots
Old 12 March 2003, 02:23 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

'Hidden Switches' work well.

Scum tried to nick my 1987 Cavalier twice in one month (and they were caught the first time).

The only thing that stopped em and got em caught was the hidden trip switch for the fuel injetcion system.

Didn't get prosecuted by the PLODS though (SUPRISE! SUPRISE!)

Bet PLODS regretted it though cos a week later they did steal someones cavalier and they had to give chase....ended up the theives plunging straight into an elderly couples car! Then little ****ers legged it only to be floored by good citizen, then taken in by cops.

If i seriously thought that i was at any risk of people breaking in to my house for my scoob i consider an alternative motor.
Old 12 March 2003, 02:29 PM
AliWrx Mk2
Scooby Regular

SU3ARU,
If the STI 8 has the sigma alarm on it then it has the same facillity as the P1, i know my WRX has it. Lock in the hand book for the alarm and it will explain it to you.
Ali
Old 12 March 2003, 02:36 PM
SU3ARU
Scooby Regular

Cheers Ali, I will take a look.

Peter
Old 12 March 2003, 02:57 PM
Jamesn
Scooby Regular

Take your keys on holiday with you..
Thats what I do.
Old 12 March 2003, 03:24 PM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

once heard a piece of advice on here that made me laugh at first but is in fact a clever way to secure your garage when you're on hols.... hire a small skip and put it up against the garage door. Within minutes your helpful neighbours will fill it with cr@p and make any attempts to get at the garage useless. Simply arrange for it to be picked up when you get back

Mojo
Old 12 March 2003, 04:30 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Angry

it's a sad state of affairs when you should have to take your keys on your hols or put a skip infront of your garage (although it is a cracking idea m8). you should be able to enjoy what you worked your *** off for, not have to worry about some tw*t taking it.

gav....
Old 12 March 2003, 04:37 PM
dave_gt
Scooby Regular

Strange to hear that about a primera being stolen at knife point. Someone tried to car jack my Dad a while ago and he drives a Primera.
Old 12 March 2003, 05:02 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

thats a good idea^^^^
when i go away i will be letting my mate use the car for a few weeks

would rather he used it and looked after it then it just sitting on the drive blocked in by 2 other cars lol
Old 12 March 2003, 06:32 PM
myp1
Scooby Regular

Angry

thanks for replies lads this is what its coming to these days u work like a dog but someone wants it for nothing.you have to turn ur house into a fortress and look over ur shoulder.not just cars in some cases wifes friend same day house robbed in thorpe village.whats the answer??? i wish i knew
Old 12 March 2003, 08:14 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)
Angry

I am really sorry to hear that MYP.
I know how you feel. My car was broken into while i was on holiday
in feb.
But its done now.
You just have to make it a bit harder for them in future.
As a shotgun is illegal , try a blackjax.
Good luck.
Greg
Old 12 March 2003, 09:43 PM
co55ie
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

My Evo is down south at the moment being kept in a friends garage as its off in a few days to have some work done to it. Only the neighbours know the car is in there and most of them are pensioners. Friend gets home today to find garage door ripped open but absolutely nothing inside the garage touched no tools not the car etc etc. Strange ? Car has been moved to another location tonight. All I can think is they were not expecting to find what they did or were disturbed but nobody has said anything and I wouldnt think that if they were up for ripping a garage door open in broad daylight then they would really care if a few old boys had seen them. Very Odd.
Old 12 March 2003, 10:01 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Talking

I leave all house keys etc with a trusted neighbour when we go away.And no,not the ones right next door,far too obvious.

Also put a sticky note on the first internal door saying "Sorry,car keys are at work".Probably wont stop them ransacking the place & sh**ing on the carpet,but you never know.

What great times we live in huh?
Old 12 March 2003, 10:10 PM
co55ie
Scooby Regular

Very Sad Indeed.

I have moved my car to a new location where it is the absolute most crap car in the street the rest being Ferrari's Bentleys etc etc. Lets hope the new location doesnt get its garage door ripped off for no apparent reason.
Old 12 March 2003, 10:26 PM
Muncher
Scooby Regular

Hmm, My Impreza was stolen back in October

Read my horror story (See second page, stupid scoobynet deleted my first post after I edited it too many times)

seems like a long time ago that it happened now and today I've only just replaced the car with ................

A Golf V6 4-Motion

Not where near as quick as my old scoob but hopefully less likely to create any interest to theiving scum.

In the end it took over 3 months for the insurance company to pay out and I now only have 2 year no claims bonus

Including the cost of hiring of a car for 4 months now I think I lost around £10,000 (car was heavily modded) thanks to an event that lasted 1 minute.

I really loved my old Scoob but I don't need the grief or paranoia hence I have not opted for a Japanese rocket of any make.

Hopefully I shall be able to get a 'Trackday car' in a few months that will satisfy my need for motoring thrills

Somthing like a Dax Rush Hayabusa (Dax Cars Site) will do very nicely.

Regards

Muncher

Quick Reply: another nearly stolen impreza