Sponsored by:

taken from behind

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2003, 07:07 PM
Doc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Driving home tonight minding my own business stopped at a roundabout due to stationary traffic behind me and I see a mitsubishi L200 pick up behind me obviously not going to make the stop. Nowhere to go in front so my baby now has a sore rear. No one hurt.

Just out of interest how much is his insurer likely to have to pay out?

Boot lid is toast, but spoiler ok. Bumper totalled and the panel that the boot catch is in is bent in about 5cm. Rear lights are intact but the offside one has moved forward about 1cm. No apparent wing damage, exhaust damage or damage underneath.

Car is a UK MY98 and I am gutted. I have had her for nearly 4 years and never damaged her at all.
Old 03 July 2003, 07:22 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Difficult to say. probably 1300-2 grand. The good news is, is your NCB won't be affected and you should'nt have to pay the excess.

When I was shunted from behind a year or so ago. That was the cost of the damage and I lost no NCB and no excess. Your policy might be different though.

Also get yourself checked out for whiplash etc, as it can be a delayed effect and if you have to take time off work for it then getting it checked now will a, help the Dr's manage the whiplash and B allow you to claim from the insurers for any sick pay etc you may miss out on.

I had very very mild whiplash(sore back for 2 or 3 weeks) and I had no intention of going the claims direct route( ), but had it been more serious then at least I was covered financially

[Edited by Neil Smalley - 3/7/2003 7:26:17 PM]