DGRALLYING
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=178109
Old 06 March 2003, 08:03 AM
medders
Scooby Regular

Glad you got it sorted. I know I shouldn't, but some of your comments made me chuckle

I definately wont take my car there !

Paul
Old 06 March 2003, 08:09 AM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

so the new name for useless mfers WEBBERS BODY SHOP is SOLIS NORWICH UNION BODY REPAIR CENTRE. Won't be going there then. Glad you got the car back have you checked it for damage?
Old 06 March 2003, 11:51 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Norwich Union why am I not suprised they are involved!!! I had a problem with Norwich Union when I was 18, I was knowcked of my bike by a lorry, the bike was subsequently stolen from the side of the road at the scene of the accident, I was insured fully Comp with NU, after trying to make a claim for the theft of my bike they told me as it was involved in an accident the right off value was not worth the 100GBP excess I had, I asked them how they worked that out, they told me one of there engineers worked out that the speed I was travelling and the vehicle I hit the damage would have been so severe that the bike would be a right off, I asked them how they new how fast I was going and also told them that I was claiming for the theft of the bike not the damage to the bike, but they just said as it as in volved in an accident prior to being stolen it was not worth the excess. There were witnesses stating that I was not travelling fast, there were no skid marks to measure either, so after 18 months of arguing with NU I got nothing for my bike. There was a doctor and 2 nurses in the traffic jam that ensued and both nurses spoke to the lorry driver who smelt of alcohol at 08:40 in the morning, the police were told and did not breathalise the driver they just took his reg number and let him go on his way, the vehicle was registered to a derelict house in Camberley so he was never traced. So thanks to NU I was left with no Bike, No insurance money and no one to claim against thanks to the imcompetence of the police, I also had not finished paying for the bike. I also got scewed later in life by another insurance company when they wrote of my XR3i, they told me it was only worth 5K but they were more than happy to let me insure it for 13k a few months earlier and charge me the premium on 13K. So can someone please tell me why we bother with insurance when they screw you when you take out a policy and then screw you IF ever you need to make a claim.
Old 06 March 2003, 01:55 PM
mark d
Scooby Regular

Angry

I was chatting to a guy in America who used to work for an insurance company who told me that during training he was told that the role of the insurance company was to raise rates and avoid paying claims.

Wonder if they get the same training in the UK?