Sponsored by:

ScoobyJawa-less :-(

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2003, 03:50 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Well, thats it after 2 years of scoob ownership, she was driven away today so I'm now scoobless again. Was more attached to her than I thought

In her hayday:

Oh well, onwards and upwards as they say - got a Pug 205 1.9 Gti to run about in for a few months then the dark side beckons
Old 24 February 2003, 03:53 PM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Smile

But think of the new car coming shortly!
Old 24 February 2003, 04:03 PM
mista weava
Scooby Regular

scooby-jawa,

enjoy the pug!

cue: dreamweaver et al for yet more pug appreciation!

just got an mi16 405 complete still with tax and mot - shoehorning commences soon...

try not to weep too much over the scoob -was jolly nice one i have to say.
i would consider the conversion for your pug if you like getting hands dirty - they really shift. covert too, which means amusement with other fast cars! keeping mine on standard 1.6 rims he he!

weava
Old 24 February 2003, 04:08 PM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Neil, at least out off your misery off selling the scoob you've at least made a few other peoples day
Old 24 February 2003, 04:17 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Hi Andy That much is true mate - didn't think of that

weava - Mi16 205 quality There was one at bedford I seem to remember hearing that gave the scoobs a bit of hassle
I've just attempted the clutch and that is more than enough hands dirty stuff - 2 days so far and still not done - grrrrr, need the damn car now too!!!
Old 24 February 2003, 04:31 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Jawa - know how you feel mate

Spent 5 hours yesterday cleaning and polishing the MR2, and its not even for my benefit. Can barely walk today for aches and pains - looks bloody mint though. Just put the for sale notice in the window boo hoo

You fancy selling the 205 when you get the new Scoob then?

Work starts on my 205 XS next Sunday - need to get hands really dirty - it needs full service, new exhaust, battery, alternator and a damn good clean All on zero budget, i.e. DIY
Old 24 February 2003, 04:32 PM
grahamstocker
Scooby Regular

Give it a couple of weeks Jaw and you will be rearly missing it ; and just like me you will be thinking .uck it ive got to get another

Trending Topics

Old 24 February 2003, 04:37 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Ah bugga DW sure doesn't help when its all shiney and sparkly

LOL at selling the Pug - Current plans though are to keep her as mint as poss, garaged and as a low miles, relatively standard weekend car for when the other comes, future classic IMHO and run her alongside the new one! Will have see how the cost aspects of this works out though lol!!

I did the service on mine last weekend - got everything from Halfords and did an oil and filter change, Eon plugs and bosch ht leads, new dizzy and rotar arm, (fuel filter too for when I can get the old ******* one out ) Came to just over 100 quid imagine if I'd paid a garage to do it! Thats was all dead easy - this weekend and the clutch, well thats another story!
Old 24 February 2003, 04:43 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Hi G - aye, but the pull of Evo 6 is too strong - and I am weak Or thats the plan when the house is sold too anyway!
Old 24 February 2003, 05:09 PM
PaulMc
Scooby Regular

Scoobyjawa, I recognise that car, don't you work in Bracknell for a telecoms co?
If so you park next to my P1 on days when I am in the office
Old 24 February 2003, 05:26 PM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Smile

Paul - he certainly does!!!
Old 24 February 2003, 05:41 PM
grahamstocker
Scooby Regular

Jaw evo 6 ? very slow mate remember Sussex meet
Old 24 February 2003, 06:11 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Hi Paul - that would be me mate I put a was it you up for you before - was a while ago though - nice P1 BTW
I think it might have been you that spoke to my boss Anthony as he mentioned he'd talked to a P1 owner last week I think.....
Small world eh? Keep your eye out for this now instead:

Hi G - I haven't forgotten mate still a bit quicker than my scoob though - oh, and I'm leaning towards the dark side looks wise too
Old 24 February 2003, 06:23 PM
Dave_A
Scooby Regular

A 205's, my favourite car of all time (almost )

This was mine until some uninsured b'stard decided to write it off by nailing it side on at a junction sorely missed.

[Edited by Dave_A - 2/24/2003 6:24:30 PM]
Old 24 February 2003, 06:41 PM
PaulMc
Scooby Regular

Neil, yeh it was Anthony that I spoke to to get a Cisco CD from. Noticed the SWRT on your PC. If you are ever on the ground floor come and say hello.

The P1 is also going for sale, how did you go about selling yours, what worked best?
Old 24 February 2003, 07:47 PM
BigMikeyBoy
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,
Well you have done it then!
Guess it will be hard for you for a while, i was gutted when i wrote the RB5 off and missed not having a scoob for two months. But now i have the P1 i know it was worth the wait! Thats how you will feel when you get your Sith Chariot!!
Also wanted to let you know that your BB is awesome and really makes the P1 come to life. At least you can sleep a little easier knowing that a bit of your old beast is now in the hands of an appreciative owner.

Laters

Mikey
Old 24 February 2003, 08:42 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Neil,
ah, the end of an era. You going to have a new account name now? PugJawa?

I shall soon be joining you in the lad of ex-scooby ownership, as soon as someone decides to aquire the beasty of mine.

I do have a soft spot for 205's. My mate had a left hooker one, was a great little car, got totally and utterly thrashed on every drive. Was the first car I remember being in where you could actually watch the fuel gauge drop rather quickly whilst driving along! lol
Old 24 February 2003, 09:34 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
bl**dy women!

your still better off with out her.
now you can go for the WRX III.

chin up m8

Phil
Old 24 February 2003, 10:14 PM
spider
Scooby Regular

Wotcher Neil - or is it PeugeotJawa now?

Remember mate - these cars are fast. Don't forget how my 205 DT gave Scott's mega-horsepower wagon a run for its money on the way back from Prodrive!!

Chin up mate - more fun isn't that far away!

See you later this week.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 24 February 2003, 10:20 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the replies guys

Dave - mine too mate, had one when I was 20, and have loved them ever since - mine was taken from me by a bird in first car daddy bought her - hit head on at a junction she was meant to give way on. The pug held up admirably. Moved on to a GTi-6 after that, then the scoob. Nice looking motor yours was mate

Hi Paul - will do mate - likewise! Anthony mentioned you were selling the P1 - everybodys selling at the mo! To be honest I advertised on here and the guy I bought it from bought it back. He used to work at a scooby dealer, now works for an independant. I also advertised on Autotrader and had not 1 call, though thats probably different for a P1 Good luck anyway.

Hiya Mikey - Yeah - give it a few months and I'm sure I'll have a huge grin. Really pleased to hear you like the BB mate, and also pleased it went to an enthusiast like yourself who will enjoy it

'lo Markus, how ya doin mate? Sure is - I would rename my account but refuse to lose 2 years of scooby posting so it stays! Bummer about joining me but these things happen eh, good luck mate - market seems really bad at the mo Looks like quite a few peeps like the 205 then Thats cool - I know exactly what you mean too - as I drove it home from High Wycombe I could see the revs rise while the petrol gauge dropped!!!

Ey up Phil - aye, bit of a bummer at the mo but theres dark at the end of the tunnel hope alls well with you mate, hope to see you soon
Old 24 February 2003, 10:27 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Quality - I get a corner too

Hi Steve - see previous reply - I'll do a Saxo Boy and keep my id Soon be sorted hopefully See you thurs mate
Old 24 February 2003, 10:29 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Oh and LMFAO @ 205 DT vs Impreza wagon - always told scott those wagons were too heavy Should really be able to kick his butt in a Gti then

(don't forget scott - we have pictures to prove it LMFAO!!)

Edit: forget the extra butt

[Edited by ScoobyJawa - 2/24/2003 10:31:46 PM]
Old 24 February 2003, 10:41 PM
Olly
Scooby Regular

Bit of deja vu going on here. I sold a shiny new MY01 and replaced it with a good 205 1.9. Through preference, not as a fill in. I just missed the eagerness of the thing, and while all 3 of my previous Impreza's were quicker up my favourite B road, none were as entertaining, or as FUN. Same colour as yours as well.

Also recently done a clutch and a full service, a bugger of a job. Got me hands dirty for a change. Enjoyed the pleasures of tinkering again. Could have sold it recently, glad I didn't. Stick with it mate, great little machines.
Old 25 February 2003, 12:30 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Hi Olly,

Weird eh!! This is exactly what I said about the 205. Its a great replacement for the scoob - sure its no where near as fast, but as you said, its superb fun to drive - and oh boy you better believe it!! I had a grin on my face all the way home from picking it up and after the test drive after I serviced it (wasn't driving it till I sold the scoob). Sorrento Green yeah? looks a bit black/graphite in those pics....

I found the service was a piece of cake, and enjoyed being able to do that myself - but the clutch is a nightmare! Hopefully get it finished tomorrow since the scoob has gone! Thing is I've spent 100 quid on parts (clutch, g/box oil, oil seals etc) and its 189 fitted from Peugeot - should have done that - so far taken 2 days of my time!!! I'll hopefully stick with it alongside my next car - that way I can keep the mileage down on both
Old 25 February 2003, 08:28 AM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

don't forget scott - we have pictures to prove it
That picture proves nothing!! It shows us as all being in a straight line! Besides, I was only a lowly 260bhp then with three bodies in the car! That's my excuse and I'm gonna stick to it!
Old 25 February 2003, 09:01 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Doing your own service work on a 205 is relatively easy though compared to modern cars.

Parts such as rad, alternator etc are very easy jobs providing you have some good tools.

Quite looking forward to tinkering again with the XS, as it isnt worth much, so if you **** up it dont matter
Old 25 February 2003, 09:02 AM
Olly
Scooby Regular

Ollys pug:

Mine's graphite, not sorrento green- easily mistaken! Get all my bits from Euro Car Parts, a great service and dirt cheap for all original equipment bits. A full clutch, O/E discs and pads, and full service items (leads, plugs, all filters) came to around £180 including dreaded, delivered next day.

Insure mine on a classic policy as well. Paying £290 for a years fully comp insurance is a pleasure to hand over compared to over a grand for the Impreza.
Old 25 February 2003, 09:42 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Wink

three bodies in the car!
You count yourself as two people now then scott?
Old 25 February 2003, 10:35 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Olly, its very easily mistaken mate, the car looks almost black/graphite until it gets some light on it then you seen the green I top sort of flip colour before anyone else was doing them!!!!
Euro Car Parts are good - also bear in mind AndySpares.com as I've found them quite a bit cheaper for a few items than ECP. I paid a premium for my service parts as I got the high quality ht leads and plugs etc and had to use Halfords too as I needed them on a Sun! Was well pleased though - car was so much happier afterwards
No idea on insurance as yet, renewal is 10th March, but I'll have to go with a company that will transfer it to an Evo or some such a few months down the road - I'll then take out a classic, limited mileage policy on the pug.
Old 25 February 2003, 10:54 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Neil

What do I need to buy then to service the XS, bearing in mind it is a carb motor?

Plugs, air/oil filter, leads, dizzy, oil, engine flush, plugs, anything else?

Havent done it for a while now.