Sponsored by:

England is full of thieving B@%st@%ds

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2003, 09:35 AM
Bondy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Well it finally happend the clear indicator thieves struct me on Saturday night. They took both of my clear side Indicators. Now if they just took them I would have been annoyed but got some more, but they took them out via a screwdriver which in turn left scratch's around the area. But not only that they cut the wires as well. I've tried posting a picture.

If anyone out there is scraping an impreza and still has the Side repeator bulb holder and the other piece that plugs into. Id love to here from you. I need both sides and with as much wire left on as possible. If I have no luck here I will try the usual subaru breakers.

If only I could have caught them doing it!!!!!
Old 24 February 2003, 09:42 AM
barrybudden
Scooby Regular

Talking

A friend of mine caught a scum bag trying to get into his car in Belfast, asked him what he was doing and the guy said he had los his keys so he was going to have to break a window. He was soundly beaten for his trouble by a big country man.
Old 24 February 2003, 09:44 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

W@nks!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] There was no need to do that, they are a piece of p1ss to remove by hand
Old 24 February 2003, 09:54 AM
Bondy
Scooby Regular

Well we all know that their thick Kids but they must have just nicked them to try and sell them or try to fit them to their XR2 ( appologies to anyone here who owns an XR2), Because a) Anyone who owns a scooby wouldn't do that to another Scooby, and b) we all know how easy they are to take of.

Ps. If any in the Fareham area should be offered a pair get a phone number and let me know )
Old 24 February 2003, 09:59 AM
Luke
BANNED

"Because a) Anyone who owns a scooby wouldn't do that to another Scooby,"

You think so.... I believe loads os stolen subaru stuff changes hands between owners. The prices of the cars have dropped to such a low cost that anyone could afford to buy one. This puts in in a position for a market of "cheap spares"
Old 24 February 2003, 10:03 AM
Thegrimreaper
Scooby Regular

i dont own a scooby any more but similar thing happened to me, someone tried to get into my BMW E36 rather than just smashing the window they tried to screwdriver the window out and managed ot scratch all around the door surround!! now i need the door resprayed! i would prefer my car to be left alone but if they were going to do it i would have settled for replacing the window rather than the respray aswell!!
Old 24 February 2003, 10:08 AM
Bondy
Scooby Regular

Thats a fair point Luke.

I've just ordered a new set from JW Racing so all I need now is the other parts that were cut off.

Trending Topics

Old 24 February 2003, 10:30 AM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Angry

This happened to my courtesy car - a Polo 1.0cl - with clear indicators...

Unbelievable.

Gastro
Old 24 February 2003, 10:37 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear your news Bondy.

Fecking scumbag ***** [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 24 February 2003, 12:27 PM
Bondy
Scooby Regular

I think with a couple of phone calls I now have it sorted. HDC are sending the parts from the wire onwards and JW Racing are sending some new lenses. Should keep me out of trouble for a bit on Saturday.

The really annoying thing is that I know that it is no longer how it should be as I'm going to have to join the wires together. It will be out of site anyway.

For any people in the Fareham Area it happend outside the Delme Arms pub, near the Cams Hall Golf Club, Don't leave your Scooby there!
Old 24 February 2003, 12:29 PM
revitt
Scooby Regular

Angry

I had my Legacy broken into in Nottingham late last year. They also used screw drivers to lever the window out. I have been told that this is done because it makes less noise.

Anyway they got 1 Nursery rhyme CD and left me with a bill for more than £2,000 (roof, door and piller respray; New door trim; new dash trim; new door seals; windscreen change and or course new door glass.)

The door no longer seals as the main door piller was bent in the attack and I now have to listen to wind noise at anything over 50 MPH.

On a brighter note the car is 2 years old in June and a new Silver STI is waiting for me at my local dealers.
Old 24 February 2003, 05:41 PM
planky
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Anybody will nick something off your car,fellow scooby owners etc or little ******* who own n*va's etc.

A few years back i was at gti international with my mk2 golf and you would think we are all fellow golf owners so my car would be safe,f*ck it was!!!came back and someone nicked my indicators and aerial[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]...I dont trust anybody,they all want something for nothing.