Sponsored by:

new sti

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2003, 09:36 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

well with a plan for the future i booked a test drive of the new sti with my local garage "fisken's of forfar" with a plan to trade in my p1wr.
firstly the scoop is huge and it has 4 doors(my first ever car with 4 doors),it also has an armrest in the rear!
i got the baby out and it was easier to fit her into the sti-great
i took it for a test drive but it was limited to 4000rpm-compared to the p1 it felt alot smoother ,quieter(must remember to get wr exhaust),no groans or creaks and everything felt much better made although possibly too much brushed aluminium-cd player was up to usual subaru standards.
admittedly it was not a full test drive but up to 4000it did not feel that much slower than the p1 but i have been offered the car for a day when my p1's service is due-in summary smoother,quieter and better made
moans-seat side supports are wider so unless you are v wide they are not as supportive,cd player and no foglights/driving lights and if i get a gauge pack i lose the clock(which usually determines my speed!)
martin
Old 02 February 2003, 11:45 AM
Steve A
Scooby Regular

Had my test drive yesterday and was rather impressed. Going to get the PPP fitted immediately.
Problem is I cannot decide between the WR Blue or the Black
Old 02 February 2003, 11:59 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There will be loads of blue ones around soon. I'm not disputing the fact it is probably the colour to have, but personally, i'd want to be different.
Old 02 February 2003, 12:00 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

IMHO
Nicer drive than the MY02
PPP and lowrering are essencial any MY01>
STi8 Stereo is STD Subaru but slightly better than MY02
STi7 seats nicer
Ferrrari's are RED Subaru's are BLUE but..... The Black with gold fleck was at the Motorsport show NEC but was only for Shows

Tony
Old 02 February 2003, 12:04 PM
Steve A
Scooby Regular

Having had a Terzo from new I really wanted something different. The Blue is the 'safe' option. The black is different to the MY02 ie it is a solid colour and is not flecked.
If I go for the Black would change the wheels to titanium colour methinx....decisions decisions