Sponsored by:

OOuups!

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2003, 07:26 PM
LB4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

This morning coming back from Scoobysports I chose to take the scenic route home via Laindon, small, very wet country roads, some tight bends ...... going up a short steep hill, past the Crown pub if you know it, I put some distance between myself and a taxi that was sat on my bumber as we both pulled out of a T junction .... I then noticed what I thought was a Z3 over take the taxi and stay with me along the next straight. He was obviously up for some spirited driving , so I put my foot down and over the next mile or so he stayed with me, on and off ..... at every bend just past the apex I pulled away easily though ... at this time I was thinking this must be the 2.8 litre Z3 as it was easily as quick as me, but given the roads was stuggling to put the power down, in fact I was surprised how well he did stay with me on the straight bits ..... why though became obvious a little later.
We eventually get to a very tight, blind left hand bend, barely wide enough for 2 cars, with high banked sides, doing maybe 25/30 mph, once round the bend enough to see no on coming cars I floored it again, with the BM right behind me .... my car just gripped and went .... I looked back in the mirror and saw the BM go into a huge power slide coming out of the corner, then snap back the other way and smash hard into the steep banked side with its off side front, then spin across the road and hit that side on before having another encounter with the first bank again ..... S**T!! .... There was mud and bushes flying everywhere!! … it was then as I viewed the car side on I could see it was a Z3M ... the coupe thing!! .... 320 bhp and RWD on wet, bumpy country lanes ..... was bound to happen trying to keep up with mine.
Old 22 January 2003, 07:33 PM
davy1
Scooby Regular

Smile

.... There was mud and bushes flying everywhere!! …

A Great statement!!!
Old 22 January 2003, 07:33 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe he should have left the traction control on
Old 22 January 2003, 07:35 PM
XT
Scooby Regular

maybe he should have left his money in the bank.........
Old 22 January 2003, 07:37 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

Did you stop? Was the BM driver OK (apart from probably being rather pi$$ed-off with himself) ?
Old 22 January 2003, 07:38 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Didn't think these had traction control (apart from a sensitive right foot, that is).
Old 22 January 2003, 07:40 PM
LB4
Scooby Regular

no i never stopped ... he would have been well pi**ed off without me adding to his embaressment by stopping .. see how considerate i was ..... he would have been ok though, wasn't a high speed bend.
Old 22 January 2003, 07:48 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

Perhaps you're right. I'm sure he'll look back in retrospect and thank you.
Old 22 January 2003, 07:50 PM
XT
Scooby Regular

LOL
Old 22 January 2003, 07:56 PM
LB4
Scooby Regular

Fatman... yeah i think you are probably right, he will
Also he may have been peed off with me and saying thanks for stopping being the last thing on his mind towards me
Old 22 January 2003, 08:14 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

I wonder if his next car will be RWD?
Old 22 January 2003, 08:16 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I'd have been concerned about stopping too. Not least cos he might be highly p!ssed off that he crashed and you swanned round the bend, but especially if the local plod turned up, he coulda tried to drag you down or something.

</PARANOID>

Andy
Old 23 January 2003, 11:27 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I was surprised to hear that you did not stop to see whether the guy was alright. He could easily have banged his head and been suffering from concussion from the description you gave. Also his car might not have been driveable and you could have helped him out with a lift somewhere useful for him. Remember, you were having a bit of a spirited drive in company with him for fun. It just seems very selfish not to have at least checked that he was in a fit state to sort any problems out.

It also does not sound well that you used your post to denigrate his car with respect to your Scooby. You were taking an unfair advantage of the situation.
Old 23 January 2003, 12:29 PM
dan4
Scooby Regular

Leslie - As you are retired have you thought about applying to appear on Countdown? Your vocabulary suggests you may become the next champion!
Old 23 January 2003, 06:50 PM
LB4
Scooby Regular

Yikes .. i think i've been told off!!
Leslie, i explained why i never stopped, also as SiDHEaD mentioned was another good point .... i never made him try keeping up, guess he just didn't want to accept a wagon , could be faster than his funny looking coupe thing on that particular road under those conditions.... he was struggling to stay with me from the first bend we hit.
I don't really even feel particularly sorry for him, i'm just pleased no one else was involved with him over driving his car.
Old 23 January 2003, 07:10 PM
RA Jaay
Scooby Regular

It doesnt matter what you write on this or any Forum there will always be a For and against. Whether his (LB4) judgment was right or wrong isnt up to us/you(Leslie)to Judge but the fact that you are alright and theres not another Scoob in Grade A's is good enough for me.
But seeing as were being so Judgemental:
What if he(LB4) stopped, reversed, got out only to have a 13 year old punk jump from the the hot BM, kicks him in the nuts and thus steal his scoob. It might be a good/cool thing to be a Samaratan but is it a good/cool thing to be a bruised nutted Samaratan?

Let the Jury deceide:

[Edited by RA Jaay - 1/23/2003 7:16:50 PM]
Old 23 January 2003, 07:31 PM
LB4
Scooby Regular

Hey between SiDHEaD and RA Jaay i'm feeling more and more pleased i never stopped ..
Old 23 January 2003, 07:50 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

God....this is better than Eastenders...are you sure the Z3 driver wasn't your long lost bro.,carrying your illegitimate love child,who had tracked you down,only to find out that his half sisters cousins cat is really your dads mates wifes friends ex-lovechild/cat....happens every day you know..
Old 23 January 2003, 07:58 PM
LB4
Scooby Regular

Smile

LOL ..... hummmm, never even considered that!!.... is that a for or an against stopping though
Old 23 January 2003, 08:00 PM
RA Jaay
Scooby Regular

Yaaay thats more like it,

We wanna see donuts of victory in a Madmax stylee (ie standing upright through the sunroof)whilst chanting 'how you showed his stupid ***'

Theres the mark, ive stepped over it, and now Im moonieing at all those on the other side, who's gonna join me?
Old 23 January 2003, 08:08 PM
LB4
Scooby Regular

LOL....Noooo you've not over stepped the mark!! ... if only i had a sunroof though!!
Old 23 January 2003, 08:12 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

""We wanna see donuts of victory in a Madmax stylee (ie standing upright through the sunroof)whilst chanting 'how you showed his stupid ***'""
ooh yes...lol..very subtle..
Old 23 January 2003, 08:19 PM
RA Jaay
Scooby Regular

Sorry for the Hijack and i dont want your post to get on the one way ticket to muppetsville so ill stop now. But these kind of Storys normally end up with nasty endings, but seeing as both of you were alright and only his Car and pride were bruised it seemed fit to inject a little fun and laughter in there.

Old 24 January 2003, 12:28 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

LB4

I didn't mean to be too hard on you, but the reasons I quoted in my post were valid enough to at least check that he was alright. When I have a bit of a spirited drive in company with another car,I treat it as two like minded drivers having a bit of harmless fun, I dont consider the other guy as my enemy. The bloke in the Z3 got it all wrong of course but I bet he would have appreciated it if you had checked his situation afterwards. Doubt he would have filled you in at all. That is what I meant.

Dan 4-I suspect you are indulging in a bit of ageism by remindind us all that I have retired. It was not that long ago and you might think differently if you knew what my job was. Never jump to conclusions, best you know the facts before you make comments.
Old 24 January 2003, 01:52 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Fireman then