Sponsored by:

Rear Ended in Scooby!

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2003, 08:38 PM
brandy76
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Sitting at traffic lights yesterday. Joker in a clapped out old banger crashed in the back of me. Rear end of scooby is totally trashed!
Not the end of the world you might say. Except, it has now transpired that the person you hit me isn't insured. The details I was given are incorrect. It seems there is no way of tracing the driver:-(
Told the police. Said there was nothing they could do. Apparently its up to my insurance company to follow up. Then went on to say that half the drivers in Sussex don't seem to have insurance and they are too busy to follow these incidents up! Didn't make me feel any better the fact that I have just paid £1100 for comprehensive insurance and now face an excess of £350.
Worst still, am now without the Scooby for 2 weeks while repairs are done.
Moral of the story. If you have an accident, call the police immediately and don't let the other driver leave until they arrive.

Old 16 January 2003, 08:51 PM
j888ymc
Scooby Regular

dammit, sorry to hear mate, thats just sucks doesnt it, im pissed offed for you mate, hope you get it back soon but to be honest it wont feel the same
Old 16 January 2003, 08:58 PM
brandy76
Scooby Regular

thanx m8. Im feeling very sorry for myself!
Old 16 January 2003, 11:41 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

B@stards!! The sad thing is that it now pays not to have insurance Had the other driver been caught he would probably only end up with a fine of £150. Nobody gives a **** about the motorist anymore. It's about time we stood up for ourselves as we represent a massive proportion of the population.

Sorry about your car. I hope it gets sorted quickly
Old 16 January 2003, 11:56 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

Similar thing happened to me. The other driver may have been registered from Sussex. I was told that since it's a relatively minor accident (i.e. no fatalities) no local Police time would be spent on the matter. It's up to my local Police force to deal with by post. I was appalled when I was told that. It's a case of "you have fully comp insurance? Yes? We're not going to help you then". [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]