Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2003, 09:13 AM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Request to all (some) scoobynetters.

There have been quite a few posts along the lines of :

Caught doing 70 in a 30 what might I get.
Clutch judder, will the dealer help.
Stopped by police after undertaking 5 cars.
Clamped when car parked legally.
etc., etc. Not picking on anyone, these are just random recollections of the sort of thing I'm talking about.

These are followed by several pages of help, advice, tips, and occasional friendly banter. Then...

nothing

Please, if people try to help you, post what you did and the outcome of your tale, as this will assist others in a similar situation in the future. I get really frustrated (sad I know) wondering what has happened. Even if there isn't internet access in jail, you could write to the webmaster
Old 16 January 2003, 09:38 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A fine suggestion m8
Old 16 January 2003, 11:26 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

OK, I'll start.

Much has been said of the poor quality of Subaru paint, and how easily it chips. I have a MY00 in dark (or is it deep?) blue mica, and after 18 months it was chipped to bits - the front bumper and bonnet were awful, and there were chips on both driver's side doors too.

I took it to my dealer, who photographed the damage and sent the pictures to IM. A couple of weeks later, IM responded with a fax stating that stone chip damage wasn't covered under warranty.

I then wrote to IM myself, stating that (IMHO, of course) the paint wasn't 'fit for the purpose for which it is intended' (to misquote the Sale of Goods Act). I pointed out that flying stones are every bit as inevitable as sunlight, salt, bird droppings and other environmental attacks, and that the cars of similar mileage on the dealer's forecourt weren't nearly as bad. I repeated my request for a respray.

My car was duly resprayed - bonnet, front bumper, both driver's side doors and parts of the roof and C-pillar. The body shop did a fantastic job and you really can't tell that it's been done - save for the fact that the new paint doesn't chip.

My car was UK supplied, and I figured that having paid top whack in the first place, I was more than entitled to good backup from the warranty. I'm disappointed at having had to fight for the repair, but pleased with the outcome nonetheless.

Andy.