Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DRINKING AND DRIVING

Search this Thread

Old 25 December 2002, 01:56 AM
chriswishart
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 25 December 2002, 02:21 AM
Crush
Scooby Regular

Angry

And if you do! I hope you die! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

It's common sense really . Anybody who has a car like an Impreza should realise that it requires a certain amount of concentration to drive

So FFS leave the keys at home Or you could wreck somebodies life! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Drink drivers are scumbags [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Merry Christmas BTW
Old 25 December 2002, 03:09 AM
DuggE4
Scooby Regular

Driving tonight at around 6 p.m. I saw loads of suspected drink drivers, people swerving all over the place. One women who I pulled up alongside at the lights, hit her horn then smiled and waved at me as if I was Brad Pitt (I definitely knew she must have had a few.......LOL) she then proceeded to roar off with her friend in the passenger seat setting off the lights on her christmas hat. Later down the road she was driving what I can only describe as erratically, braking at points as if suddenly unsure of a corner and weaving all over the road. Definitely too many people having a few at the office then taking a chance heading home!! I'm back home now and I don't intend to venture out again until tomorrow, its def too damn dangerous!

It sucks, some people either need more will power or should take a bloody taxi home!! They deserve to have the book thrown at them.
Old 25 December 2002, 06:36 AM
Shropshire-Guy
Scooby Regular

Angry

Dont drink and drive.

Pullover in layby and do it . Dont want to spill any do you. lol

Serious point thou if u do it you deserve everything thrown at u. I work nights normaly and Mon night i came across a very serious RTA. First vehicle there. Not a pretty site...

Remember it could be YOU

Old 25 December 2002, 07:02 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Talking

It's not Big
It's not Clever
Drink and Drive
Crash and Die
Lasts forever
Old 25 December 2002, 09:12 AM
TheScooby
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

If you drink and drive, you're a bloody idiot.

Merry Christmas

TheScooby
Old 25 December 2002, 12:31 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

DuggE4

You should have shopped them. Remember theres a £500 christmas box for the pleasure!

Richard
Old 25 December 2002, 12:53 PM
Aram
Scooby Regular

Nice to see u guys have the sense on ur side aswel as good taste in cars. :-)=
Pitty alot of ppl are not that responsible.
Same goes for alot of ppl over here inholland BTW.
All u guys have a great Xmas :-)=

greets

Aram
Old 25 December 2002, 07:48 PM
Many Humbug Returns
Scooby Regular

It has to be said though that driving is much more fun when you're p1ssed.

We used to routinely do pissed drives home when we were students in the 80's. Got pulled about 3 times in about 100 drives and police let us off each time because it was middle class students' "high spirits". Same happened when we vandalised things or got into fights and were arrested. Having public school accents also helped, the cops were so used to pulling native Cockneys it was a pleasure for them to deal with people who had higher IQ's than themselves, and decents manners for a change.

I would never do pissed driving now, just pay for a cab or get the Girl to stay sober. Miss the good old days.

edited for typo.

[Edited by Many Humbug Returns - 12/25/2002 7:48:49 PM]
Old 25 December 2002, 08:09 PM
scoobyroof
Scooby Regular

The phrase" better to let people think your a Plonker than to open your mouth and PROVE YOUR ONE"!!!!!!!! definately springs to mind
Old 25 December 2002, 09:12 PM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

Well, guess who are some of the worst people for it???? The ones who think ( and are probably right ) that they will get away with it because of their job....
I dont know if the mainland is the same, but i recall only a couple of years ago, during the xmas campaign against drink driving, that about 1/3 of those stopped were cops.
I have heard of many instances of cops getting away with it though.
I even reported a car one night, going round a roundabout at my house the wrong way, just missing the traffic island marker over the pavemenet, and into a housing estate.
When I enquired as to what happened later with the police, I was just told, that everything was in order, it was one of them.
I have seen friends hospitalized in a head on collision, with a cop coming home from the local police federation club, drunk.

Its not smart, so dont do it. You will wreck someones life.
Old 26 December 2002, 01:27 AM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

I got pulled over today on a routine check and got the green light on the breathalyser.

It is nice to see the police are out and targetting drivers to get those to55ers who think they are above the law and don't give a **** about other peoples' lives.
Old 26 December 2002, 01:41 PM
scoobyroof
Scooby Regular

Well said Mis WRX I couldnt have put it better, I have seen the effects of Drink Driving where innocent people are killed by Morons!!!!! I lost a friend recently he had been drinking and driving and ran off the road and killed himself and whilst I truly miss him but for the grace of God he did not kill anyone else.

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it s not worth it, get a taxi instead or get a friend to take you where you go. I wish you all a very Prosperous 2003
Old 26 December 2002, 01:55 PM
Turbo_Steve
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hell, I can crash a PC after a few pints.....god knows I would crash a car!

IF you are thinking of drinking and driving then I suggest rather than picking up the keys you have a few more drinks......it's amazing but you don't care WHERE you are when you are unconscious

I don't think anyone on here would drink and drive anyway? Most of us love our cars, and know how challenging driving really is.
Old 26 December 2002, 02:08 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Cool

My friends don't have an excuse as I am quite willing to drive on a night out and stay on the diet coke all night (I don't like the taste of the full octane version, I am not on a diet - except a see food one....).

Having lost an ex to a tw@t who was three times over the limit, I have no time for any idiot who steps into a car under the influence of alcohol and am more than willing to shop anyone in for doing it.
Old 26 December 2002, 06:42 PM
scoobyroof
Scooby Regular

Angry

so am I
Old 27 December 2002, 03:07 AM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

But probably more important than drinking and driving. Most would agree that it is totally wrong.
But everyone be careful the morning after....and even the afternoon after, and for some even the night after.
Im sure everyone has done it before, cos I know I certainly have.
Whether you feel fine or not, chances are you will still be over the limit, and you will be dealt with in a similar fashion ( unless of course you are a cop, and most likely you will get let off )
There should be more severe penalties for those with more alcohol in there system. I would have sympathy for some who were borderline the next morning, but for those that blatantly go out and drive while drunk, they deserve much harsher sentences, but in the eyes of the law, it is the same offence.
As usual the law is messed up in Britain, and only getting worse. Go Tony Go ( somewhere else please )
Old 28 December 2002, 04:29 PM
scoobyroof
Scooby Regular

Keeping it at the top
Old 28 December 2002, 05:41 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

You never seem to see many traffic cops round the Preston area stopping people for various misdemeanours or to breathalise them anymore... sometimes wonder if the only traffic police round here are the automagic yellow boxes on grey posts.

John.