Sponsored by:

L227 KVU Silver WRX STOLEN, OWNER ATTACKED IN HOME, OLDHAM AREA

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2001, 09:33 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,
My friend Tony has just phoned me to tell me he has just been attcked in his house by 3 masked men, wearing balaclavas, who wanted the keys to his car.
He was in the house on his own with his 4 month old daughter.

The car was stolen in the Oldham area.

MTR
Old 09 October 2001, 09:35 PM
Rebecca
Scooby Regular

Angry

I'm sorry to hear that ...

I hope both him and his daughter are OK ...

these thieving scumbags make me so mad
Old 09 October 2001, 09:40 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Angry

How awful for him What a nightmare

Old 09 October 2001, 09:46 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Same gang thats been working in Oldham for some time now or is it a different one?

Sorry to hear about it
Old 09 October 2001, 10:01 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Angry

Bloody hell Martin this is a bit too near to home ain't it ?
Hope your mates OK
Do we know him ?
Barstewerds !!!!
Old 09 October 2001, 10:15 PM
chelsie_uk
Scooby Regular

10 months ago I lived in NewtonHeath for 10 years,
my guy used to come and see me in his Scooby but no trouble and a young kid lived opp with druggy mates.
I got the impression they gave my guy respect for having a nice car.
I'm here in herts now.
may be we all need these instead of scoobys, these wont get stolen

chel
Old 09 October 2001, 10:27 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Talking

Martin

Hope your mate is OK. F*cking scumbags.

TONY

Trending Topics

Old 09 October 2001, 11:53 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry to hear this. Was he injured in the attack?

Not very nice living in fear, in your own house. What must we do?

Wrexy.
Old 10 October 2001, 12:12 AM
RAZZ
Scooby Regular

Angry

Hi M8,
What part of Oldham did the incident take place as i have family that live there. Hope your m8 and his family are ok.
Fvckin scum, need their hands choppin off !!!!!!!!!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by MTR:
<B>Hello all,
My friend Tony has just phoned me to tell me he has just been attcked in his house by 3 masked men, wearing balaclavas, who wanted the keys to his car.
He was in the house on his own with his 4 month old daughter.

The car was stolen in the Oldham area.

MTR[/quote]

Old 10 October 2001, 12:19 AM
YOUNG GED
Scooby Regular

Angry

Hi MTR

Not much I can add to the above comments really.
Just don't know what the worlds coming to when your not even safe in your own home.
Hope Sparkplug and family are ok.
Don't let the *******s grind ya down.

Chris
Old 10 October 2001, 12:27 AM
Tim_P
Scooby Regular

Very bad business. I know I'm new and don't know any of you lot but I'd just like to say I'm glad things turned out the way they did. It must have been horrible.

All the best.
Old 10 October 2001, 08:20 AM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Angry

Martin there is a gang working the Greater Manchester area at the moment, they find the location of a car and then do what they did to your friend. I hope they catch the b4stards and string them up, this is not the only tale of this recently. My mate who is in the police force warned me when I was selling the Scooby to be careful as they knew of a gang working the Stockport and South Cheshire area at the time. Please send my best to Sparkplug and his family and I am sure that goes from all of us here on the BBS.

Darren.
Old 10 October 2001, 08:27 AM
scoobylover
Scooby Regular

Angry

wot complete scumbags these people are, makes me so angry especially when a child is involved, u'd think you were safe in your own home. at least no one was hurt physically in this incident. my heart goes out to the guy and his child.
Old 10 October 2001, 08:39 AM
the link
Scooby Regular

Hey what the H*ll is this world turning in to when you cannot even sit in the comfort of your home without the fear of being jacked for your car keys.
Hope sparkplug and family are doing well. Thank God no physical harm.
It is a terrible thing to have to go through.
So scooby lovers what do we do trade our beloved motors in for ten year old skoda's or lada's (not saying these ain't decent motors) we have all worked hard to be able to afford these lovely cars and yet we are having to live in fear. It just ain't right.

[This message has been edited by the link (edited 10 October 2001).]
Old 10 October 2001, 08:48 AM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

I know this is no answer but having been aware of this for sometime I had the roll cage put in my motor for a few reasons.....and laugh or not one of those reasons was the thinking that if someone/people targeted my car they may just think more than twice realising that the cage would restrict them, obviously if there were more than 3 or if they were thinking of using it for a "getaway" vehicle....daft it may sound but there you go.
Old 10 October 2001, 12:04 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

Hello all,
The car has been recovered, and will be undergoing forensic examination.

His daughter was lying on the settee in the living room. He was sat in the chair.

His front door was unlocked (it won't be ever again), when all 3 ran in.

Male 1 threatens him with a monkey wrench whilst pinning his head in the chair.
Where are the keys etc I will smash your F**ing skull in etc

Male 2 stands looking over his 4 month old daughter, which is the bit that has really upset him.
They didn't harm him or his daughter, but he was absolutely terrified they were going to hurt her.

Male 3 spots the keys and they go.

Male 1 comes back in the room and says 'sorry about the baby, sorry about the kid'.

Maybe he has got a conscience?

The Police spotted the car and shortly after it was found at Great Ancoats Street retail park abandoned.

My friend (Sparkplug on this BBS) is very upset. Not for the car, but being attacked in his home with his baby daughter in the same room, and unable to defend her.

He was close to breaking down several times recounting the story to the Policeman.

His partner is very upset and wants him to sell the car immediately.
She will not have it back at the house.

MTR
Old 10 October 2001, 12:24 PM
D
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Bloody hell. I'm an Roughyed m'self. :-/

Coming home for the weekend (Live in the South West at the moment.) What can I say that hasn't been said. Glad that he and his child are okay. Scary crap.

I'm from Royton btw.
Old 10 October 2001, 12:29 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Angry

This is terrible.

MTR, tell your friend that for him and his familys safety and peace of mind the Police can install a panic alarm in case they get a repeat. Not that they will. But its something to make them sleep a little better at night...Its an X-ray something or another (cant remember the name)

As for the person apologizing about the kids..that shows a sign of a consience as you say...but don't let that fool you or your mate into thinking these people have a heart -He probably (the robber) has kids himself, hence the apology.

The forensic team will go over the car with a fine tooth comb. Hopefully get a print or even a fibre for them to look at. The serious crime squad and CID in his area will look into this deeply-Have no doubt about that....hopefully they have intelligence about these ******* already.Its an armed robbery (weapon mentioned) so to speak. Saying they would smash his skull in is also pretty serious...all in all a very traumatic experience. The Police will offer (and if they dont, ask) Victim Support...get your mate to take this up if he cant sleep etc etc. The Police will help where they can.

I hope they catch the culprits Having seen some victims recently of robberies when out on patrol with my local force, I can vouch that this is a very tough time.

Ronnie

Old 10 October 2001, 12:40 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Angry

Geez, all this and they abandon the car. What, for a joy ride? What is this place coming too. Glad they didn't harm him or his daughter, although he obviously is upset. If they were on a drug rush it would have been worse, coz when someone is on a rush they lose all senses and can do much physical harm.

I hope Sparkplug and his family get over it quickly.

Wrexy.

Wrexy.
Old 10 October 2001, 12:46 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Martin
Really sorry to hear about this, it brings things home when you know the people involved. Give T my best wishes, it will take time to get over this.

Our doors are ALWAYS double bolted, chained and locked. Don't give 'em half a chance, get some odd looks when people visit though!

Old 10 October 2001, 05:41 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

Hello all,
It transpires that the Police found the car on the Great Ancoats retail park car park, with a flat tyre, in the process of being jacked up to change it.
It seems they must have run off when they saw the Police car approaching.

They have now carried out a forensic examination of his house as well as the car.

Further to Darren Thompsons comments about a gang doing Stockport, It turns out after chatting with friends in work that there have been 4 attempts in the same manner, with 3 of them being succesful within the Chadderton area of Oldham, over the last month or so.

The cars were not Subarus, but I think a BMW, a Mercedes, and a Golf 4 Motion were taken this way, but my friends didn't know what type of car was targetted which they didn't manage to pinch.

In this instance the lady owner threw a set of keys at them, after they had pushed their way into her house and threatened her with a weapon of some kind.
They picked up the keys and ran out side to unlock the garage and pinch the car.

She then shut and locked the front door and phoned the Police.

The keys were not for the garage or the car!

One smart lady.

MTR
Old 10 October 2001, 09:33 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

Feckin vermin!! Nuff said.

Old 10 October 2001, 09:59 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Yup unfortunatly this is becoming more and more commen.

Same thing here over the last weekend friend of a friend had his new bmw 330 conv taken in a similer mannor, that was in hyde.

Just make sure you've got a tracker or/and blackjack system, well worth it.
Old 10 October 2001, 11:24 PM
paul corrigan
Scooby Regular

good to hear that no one was hurt.
the same thing happend on baytree ave. in chadd not long ago.
makes you think is the car worth it.
come on mr copper catch them and stop giving me producers
Old 11 October 2001, 12:26 AM
Bal
Scooby Regular

Learn self-defence!
If anyone in the Leeds area wants to know more about the best self-defence/karate class around. Then let me know and I'll give you some info.

Bal
Old 11 October 2001, 11:14 AM
Jerry*
Scooby Regular

Angry

Scum Scum Scum of the Earth !!!!!

Glad Tony and daughter are okay !! This kind of **** makes me soooo angry !! ..and to think that big Mr PM is giving police forces cash incentives to catch more so-called speeders !!! You muppet Blair, tune in !!!!

Its a sad state of affairs when you can't even consider yourself safe even in your own house, but it does prove that these days there's no limit to how far these turds will go to get stuff !!

One thing I did notice was that Tracker had been fitted to the car only days before !! I know that its a pain having to fork out for one of these but you do get the car back (even if you don't want it !) and it does increase the odds of some of these to55ers getting caught !!

Once again, glad everyone's okay !!

John
Schofield Insurance Brokers

Old 11 October 2001, 11:23 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Angry

I'm pleased to hear that him and his family are ok..

This really does give you food for thought.

Its a sad state of affairs in the world today.. nothing is sacred.. I hope these people get whats coming to them!
Old 11 October 2001, 11:26 AM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

One of the biggest problems with this, is that as soon as fellow scum see that it works, it will become a more popular way of stealing cars.

Alarms and Immobilisers are seemingly become less and less important, more like get a better latch for the door.
If this continues, Insurance companies will be more concerned with the security you have on your house as opposed to what security you have on your car.

One good defence against this I suppose is a Tracker, you could get hold of the Police immediately, and your vehical could hopefully be recovered quickly, because you would be able to raise the alarm so quickly.

If that happened a lot, and the scum started getting arrested, it would become less popular with the ****s.

[This message has been edited by IntegraR (edited 11 October 2001).]
Old 11 October 2001, 11:33 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Angry

As people have already mentioned, these guys are scum.

A workm8 of mine, NikB was attacked in a local hospital car park for his scoob. On impulse he lashed out at one of the guys and broke the guys jaw

The guys then ran for it, only to pick up the next day, trying to do the same thing to another car End result scum get's 2 years

I do wonder if the Tony Martin case(the guy who got life for shooting a burgler) has caused or at least help to cause an increase in this kinda thing.

Crims know we can't fight back, cus if we do we'll get locked up and so they feel more confident at pulling this sort of thing off.

I wonder if assualt and burgleries would go down if we were allowed to have firearms for self defense.. Not in favour of it myself, but I heard an interesting point the other day.

"How far would those kids have got at Columbine if the teachers were allowed and trained to carry firearms?"

Makes one think..
Old 11 October 2001, 11:40 AM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

Guns arent good, not a valid solutiong at all.
I grew up in South Africa, which is like the frikkin' Wild West, and had to watch people getting killed a lot.
Ouside my work, my friends, my colleagues, a lot of people got killed, mostly because the laws on guns were so lax.

Dont think they solve anything, cause they always end up in the wrong hands.

Best we can all do is be more aware of it. Thank God no one was hurt in this case, and it acts as a real wakeup call, time to think about our lifestyle, and how we may need to change it to secure ourselves and our families.

Quick Reply: L227 KVU Silver WRX STOLEN, OWNER ATTACKED IN HOME, OLDHAM AREA