Sponsored by:

Nearly stopped them

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2002, 09:47 AM
Road-rash
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

went to local shop sunday morn normaly go in scoob but it was in garage, been lazy van was out so took that. pulled up to shop it's on the oppsite side of road so stopped to wait for traffic noticed there were no parking spots, but noticed steam coming from exaust so though ill park in that one. Pulled across road noticed 2 lads walking by the car they looked at each other then jumped in the car. I knew the b*****rds were going to nick it so drove onto back of the BMW to stop them, but it was too late they were already on the move they pushed me out of the way,i was @ a 30 deg angle to the car my tires were smoking. So was i damage to mine Knew bumper. Lad came out of shop told what total ***** he was leaving car running out side shop.

would any of you have done the same granted if I had been in car I would'nt.

Mick.
Old 18 November 2002, 09:56 AM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
To anybody who leaves their BMW running outside a shop, whilst inside frankly DESERVE to have it nicked..........

I don't fancy the conversation with his insurance co......!!!!

Is he gonna pay for the damge to your van in your vain attempts to stop his pride and joy being stolen, whilst he was being a toatl muppet?

Some people.....well done you! by the way...at least you had a go!
Old 18 November 2002, 10:47 AM
Devil's Refugee
Scooby Regular

Angry

Well done for having a go, but looks like it was in vain and will cost you in the process. Seriously stupid of the bloke who left it running, he'll get nothing from the insurance.

Reminds me of a time when a friend and I parked our cars at the rear of a cinema complex. I returned to my car and drove over to the other area where I found my mate shouting at some idiot.
I jumped out the car and went over to find that the tw*t have screw-drivered his lock and was arrogantly sitting in his car playing with the stereo without a care in the world. Wee pr*ck did a runner and I jumped back into my car and drove at him cornering him. Needless to say, he accidentally fell against a couple of fists
Later we found out he tried to report the damage to his face to the Police...completely failing to mention his attempted theft.
Police got wise once the story was told.

I hate scum like that.
Old 18 November 2002, 10:47 AM
Steven Coomber
Scooby Regular

Angry

Why does the BMW owner DESERVE to have his car nicked? In some countries, you can get away with this sort of thing. The problem is the attitude with some people in this country.

The crime in this country is out of control.

Well done for trying to stop them. I would have probably done the same (not in the scoob though!).

Steve
Old 18 November 2002, 10:52 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

In this day and age leaving a car running outside anywhere is asking for trouble!

Insurance company will have a huge laugh about this, i'm sure the BMW driver will learn his lesson.
IMHO - yes he was stupid, no he did not deserve to have his car nicked, NO-ONE DOES!

Nice one and good show for attempting to stop them, would like to think i would do the same in those circumstances.

Paul
Old 18 November 2002, 11:12 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
IIRC it is against the Highway Code (so is illegal?) to actually leave a car unattended & with the engine running...

Well tried though.
Old 18 November 2002, 12:26 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
OK...maybe I was little hasty - he did'nt DESERVE to get his car nicked...but he was still a muppet!

That's life in the 21st century - we may not like it...but thats just the way it is!

Trending Topics

Old 18 November 2002, 12:37 PM
Road-rash
Scooby Regular

Red face

Thanks everybody, ive got to say thuogh been a scoob driver for the last 8 yrs to some extent the has gone because ur forever looking over your shoulder. be carefull were u park is someone going to scratch all these cosidered is it worth the hassel???????????. for instance Friday night in Bradford scoob taken @ gun point in Asda, Wednesday wife came out of shop 12.00 am asian lad stood @ side of car "excuse me love are you going" wife ignores him " exscuse I'm talking to you" 3 mates sat in car laughing @ him.Wife made a dash for door got in and locked it and off she went. Should you after all the crap for having something the answer is sadly yes.

1 for good guys caugh a lad in a mates car and he got a good hiding put him in van with dead locks, police come took him away asked if there was a struggle yes officer he fell on the floor big whoops.turns out he was high on drugs, also he had a bread knife in his pocket 6" long.

sorry people to be a bit gloomy but it pi77e7 u off.
Old 18 November 2002, 12:44 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

When I still had the VTS a guy in a scooby went into the garage as he left his pride and joy running. I was seriously tempted to jump in and give it a couple of blips of the throttle! I decided against this in case he peeled off a few punches before I explained the point I was trying to make to him.
Old 19 November 2002, 12:31 PM
Road-rash
Scooby Regular

Cool

Nice one Saxo Boy Bottle went lol
Old 19 November 2002, 01:51 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

saxoboy... could be a turbo timer..

Oh and anybody that jumped in my car would get their head stamped on.

David
Old 19 November 2002, 02:01 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

Got to agree with DavidW

If I catch anyone in my car I wont be happy or polite or passive.

good show trying to stop the car theiving scum, if more people were like you then we would have less scum walking the streets, everyone is too frightened to get involved these days.

the wife of our current primeminister is not helping by defending know scum, bring back a justice system that works is what I say.

off now to polish my suit of armour & gallop off to start a moral crusade
Old 20 November 2002, 04:09 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

If i saw someones car running i would reach in and turn it off and take the keys and stand next to it and wait for him the return, then proceed to give him a lecture on how easy i could have nicked it. If he swings at me he gets lecture on how to fight Either way he's learning something
Old 20 November 2002, 06:42 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

Old 20 November 2002, 08:21 AM
camk
Scooby Regular

my brother left his car running in the driveway 18 months ago, went back in to pick up something ans came back out to see car drive down the road. Insurance DID pay out.

Regards
Cammy
Old 20 November 2002, 08:24 AM
sideshow bob
Scooby Regular

Scrappy doo got a vision of " let me at em uncle scooby" lol